Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding custom themes in iOS 4 (Complete noob here)

Default Adding custom themes in iOS 4 (Complete noob here)
    I was hoping someone could help me out with some theming/skinning.

I've had an iphone for a couple years, but the 4 is the first one I've ever jailbroken (yippee, excited). That said, I am quite overwhelmed by all the options and such. I was hoping someone could offer a helping hand. I have read the tutorial that is stickied, but yeah, thats a no-go.

I'm playing around with themes and all and very few seem to work. Most complete themes do from Cydia, but custom status bar stuff, battery images, wifi bars, etc etc do not work. None of them seem to. That led me into trying to make my own and I installed SSH and Fugu and gave it a go using a tutorial online, but it seems it may have been outdated and didn't work.

Could anyone clue me in, in EXTREME layman's terms on what to do?? Is there any way to fix or make work the ones I download from Cydia? If not, i'm open to making my own basic ones, but I need a helping hand.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to md32903 For This Useful Post:

Sally123456 (2010-08-10)

Very few work indeed... search cydia for ios4 or HD & those themes have worked for me. But they're not complete themes, only bits & pieces.

but i found this great website that has screenshots of the steps on how to mod .. Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

(i'm a noob also. my 1st iphone EVER)
    Last edited by whowhyen; 2010-08-09 at 07:53 AM. Reason: forgot something

use diskaid to add custom themes then use winterboard. youtube it