Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: User Wallpaper 4.0 issue?

Default User Wallpaper 4.0 issue?
    Hey all,

I searched and couldnt find anything on this. But I downloaded "user wallpaper 4.0" from cydia. Its spos to allow you to over ride any theme wallpaper.

Which it does. BUT, it stretches it to where it looks horrible?

Does anyone know why User wallpaper 4.0 stretches the home screen wallpaper?

Thanks!

anyone?
    Last edited by ramman949; 2010-08-03 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd like an answer to this too. It makes my lockscreen what I pick my wallpaper to be and stuffs only a corner of the image on the homescreen.I tried both the wallpaper 4.0 and lockscreen 4.0 "fixes" in cydia and it doesn't work right no matter how I configure them. I'm getting annoyed !!!

Some themes it works with, some it does not. Odd. I suppose there will be a winterboard update coming. I've been slowly diving deeper into the root with diskaid but don't know a ton yet. I'll keep playing cause it's fun but don't have a lot of time either. It is FUN though !!
    Last edited by ianblondeau; 2010-08-17 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You could always just make a folder called Wallpaper.theme in /Library/Themes (or /private/var/stash/Themes.(Random characters)). Then place the wallpaper file in the Wallpaper.theme folder and name it Wallpaper.png, or make an html page for slideshow, call it Wallpaper.html.

I know that isnt a long term solution, especially if you like to change your wallpaper a lot. It's just a work around I used.

Quote Originally Posted by ianblondeau View Post
    I'd like an answer to this too. It makes my lockscreen what I pick my wallpaper to be and stuffs only a corner of the image on the homescreen.I tried both the wallpaper 4.0 and lockscreen 4.0 "fixes" in cydia and it doesn't work right no matter how I configure them. I'm getting annoyed !!!

Some themes it works with, some it does not. Odd. I suppose there will be a winterboard update coming. I've been slowly diving deeper into the root with diskaid but don't know a ton yet. I'll keep playing cause it's fun but don't have a lot of time either. It is FUN though !!
    So, I've been running into this same exact problem. The update in Cydia makes all themes work with UW4.0, however, the wallpaper uploaded is still being blown out of proportion (no pun intended). It's obviously a resolution error. I really wish there was another fix for this other than SSHing and creating my own default.

So what shall we do?