Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard Theme Backgrounds not working

Default Winterboard Theme Backgrounds not working
    I have an Iphone 3g on 3.1.2. Recently there was a Winterboard Update that was downloaded and since then my theme backgrounds aren't working. It doesn't matter what theme I choose, the backgrounds are not showing up. I'm not sure how to fix this problem. Any help out there??

Figured it out!
    Last edited by Mechashinsen; 2010-07-13 at 07:56 PM. Reason: I'm retarded

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How
    Well, what did you do to fix it?

I had downloaded a program called desktop/SMS background and I just undid the background I chose to use. Thing is that before it would override the background I chose with the theme background. It stopped doing that recently

It stopped doing that withe the ios4 update, but I understand there is a fix coming out for it for the Lock Screen. The Homescreen fix is out already

The thing is...I don't have the ios4 update...

Quote Originally Posted by Mechashinsen View Post
    The thing is...I don't have the ios4 update...
    DOH! missed that part, sorry
    But I think part of the problem is the WB update, the one that made it compatible with ios4, that had the issue with the change that broke that part of it

Got the same problem with all my devices: iPhone 3G (3.1.3); iPod Touch 3G (3.1.3) & iPod Touch 1G (3.1.2) (All Spirit jailbroken). I've done everything from uninstalling & reinstalling, to re-jailbreaking my devices. My problem is not the background but the icons. I get the backgrounds for the themes, but the icons remains stock except for the icons I choose for Categories.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same issue here:
    3.1.3 spirit jb~~cant get rid of black sb wallpaper
    see here

But I have a similar issue with winterboard.

My sb background is always black no matter what order i place things in winterboard or how many times i respring. Also, I can NOT get any docks to show up

Whether I select "user wallpaper" or my theme buuf2...

I have uninstalled and re-installed: theme, docks winterboard....

I am at a loss
    I am familiar with ssh'ing
    If someone has some suggestions, please email me [email protected]
    [email protected]-------------->flickr <------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi, sorry for not posting my solution earlier. We had problems with both icons and backgrounds. Basically no themes worked at all. I uninstalled big boss, icon support and five icon dock. There may have been something else but I can't remember. I basically uninstalled anything that was listed as not compatible with ios4 yet. I didn't appear to have any success at that point but after reinstalling winterboard it all worked fine. Have subsequently been able to turn on five icon dock without issues and I believe (not sure) icon support. This is my husbands phone so I'm not as familiar with it. He was going mad without his jailbreak so I got it back for him but we did have some initial issues. I am still waiting for comex to release his new jb for my 3GS new bootrom.

Try googling those lists about what is compatible and remove anything that isn't or that ppl have had issues with, then reinstall latest winterboard.

Good luck, hope this info helps someone

I fixed my problem. I just turned SummerBoard Mode to ON in WinterBoard, I got the theme icons working. It's defaulted to OFF when you first download WinterBoard in Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep, summerboard mode has to be on. As an aside, I couldn't downgrade my husband's phone back to 3.1.2 as he only had shsh for 3.1.3 saved on cydia. I used Spirit and Spirit2pwn then Pwnage 4.01 to jailbreak it. Just in case anyone was wondering if Spirit2pwn actually works, it does.