Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Label Color Changed

Default Icon Label Color Changed
    Seems the newest update to Winterboard changed the font color of the icon text labels to a grayish color. Makes it hard to see the labels on certain wallpapers.

Anyone else have the same issue?

I tried remove/reboot/reinstall of Winterboard but no luck.

Thanks

Install 'White Labels'

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

lgreenberg (2010-05-07), wvcachi (2010-05-07)

Thanks Simtech.

Turns out the problem arises when Winterboard is set to Summerboard mode on.

I don't remember having it set to on though so it must be now set on by default as this changed when I updated.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 2010-05-08 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lgreenberg For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2010-05-07)

i have the same issue with the labels changing to this faded grayish look, i looked at my winterboard and youre right summerboard mode was on so i turned it off but it completely screwed with my theme, i have stereo leopards theme and it kept the wallpaper pic but changed all my icons back to stock ones...

messed with it some more and now i must keep summerboard mode on in order to keep my theme complete and normal.. damn update.
    Last edited by HAVOKGT; 2010-05-08 at 03:20 AM.

I'm having the same problem here and switching summerboard of screws my theme too.

i dont understand, i have this problem but i do NOT have winterboard, i havent had winterboard in a long long time, its laggy and slows down my phone

this is really irritating, and i cant seem to find were i can manually change the string

can somone please tell me were the plist is, im not going to download an app i dont want just to fix a problem i should have

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    i dont understand, i have this problem but i do NOT have winterboard, i havent had winterboard in a long long time, its laggy and slows down my phone

this is really irritating, and i cant seem to find were i can manually change the string

can somone please tell me were the plist is, im not going to download an app i dont want just to fix a problem i should have
    Hi !

Edit

System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/Info.plist

Paste (in the end, just before </dict>)

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: #fff</string>

white, blue, black, green, red etc. or the exact hexadecimal color you want : #fff = white

Respring.

I haven't tested it (I like WinterBoard ) but it should work.
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-05-19 at 04:00 PM.