Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get a Theme from Computer to phone?

Default How to get a Theme from Computer to phone?
    I've been trying to figure out how I would transfer this theme: ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Tinker Bell to my iphone? It's the 3gs jailbroken with Spirit. I tried downloading it on the site from my phone and no luck. Anybody able to help? Sorry, I'm a noob with this kind of stuff.

Dang, the page refreshed on me for the second time while trying to reply on my ipod! So your also a new member, eh? Welcome to the mmi community!

Well I'm tired of trying to type this, so just goto i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB and download iFunbox. Its pretty much the same thing as the filebrowser on windows. But before you use it, search for and install "afc2add" in Cydia/Icy/Rock. Once you launch ifunbox, goto panels>Folder view at the bar on the top, and double click [Your ipod] on the window that appears to get started. Goto var/stash/Themes. Then just drag and drop and you have just installed the theme!

A warning about browsing the filesys: DONT modify anything of stock apps or the firmware. For example, dont delete "useless" .prplj (or whatever) folders, which are in most apps for translations for other languages. I did this thinking I coukd free up "worthless data", and I had to restore the firmware. Luckily, I didnt have many apps to lose then...

Does this help? If you have any problems, or would like to learn some important file locations, such as where safari downloads go. PM me. Glad to help a new member! One last thing, if you want to browse the phones filesystem while on the go, download iFile from Cydia/Icy/Rock. Bonjour!