Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Change Icon

Thanks

Unhappy Can't Change Icon
    I've been using Winterboard for ages to theme my icons, sounds, etc. I've never run into any problems that I couldn't fix with a google search (usually bringing me here anyway!)

For the first time, I've got an App for which I can't change the icon. SquareEnix recently released Final Fantasy I and II on the App Store, and I leapt at the chance. I've only purchased II at the moment, but I can't change the icon!

The text under the icon reads "FinalFantasyII" so that's of course what I named my icon (I use the Badge theme to generate custom icon sets automatically.)

I've tried FinalFantasy11, Final Fantasy II, tried removing the caps, everything!

Anyone ever run into anything like this before? I've had issues with some Apps with wierd names like YP.ca, etc, but I always fix it after just tweaking the name to be exactly like the default icon.

Thanks in advance,

eTom

Search it in spotlight it how's the real name

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arabprince For This Useful Post:

eTom (2010-04-01)

Thanks

Is Spotlight the search function to the left of the first home screen? If so, it lists "FinalFantasyII" (all one word without the quotes.)

Same as my FinalFantasyII.png unfortunately.

edit: I forgot to mention that I did delete both SpringBoardIconCache folders before a respring and reboot.
    Last edited by eTom; 2010-04-01 at 12:12 AM.

Yeah it is the one on the left and sorry but that is why I did and it worked for apps like aim and etc...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arabprince For This Useful Post:

eTom (2010-04-01)

Copy the exact name from the Info.plist, located in /var/mobile/Applications/Appname/Appname.app (Appname visable if you use iFile)
    Just copy the CFBundleDisplayName string.
    Or you could rename your app with ModMyi.com | Rename
    Last edited by wim66; 2010-04-01 at 10:57 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

eTom (2010-04-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

1. If it is a Cydia app, install Cydelete and you will be able to press the X and view the name.
    2. Or, go to categories, then go to a category, then press add. Now find the app you need the name of, that is the correct capitalization/spelling of the app
    3. Swipe SBSettings, then press more. Go to Hide Icons, and find the app. that is the correct capitalization/spelling of the app.
    4. Install Rename (I or II) and open it. Find your app and its correct capitalization/spelling will be under the O-N (original name).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

eTom (2010-04-01)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you should try tweaking your p-rams and re-glazing your hard drive.
    if that doesn't work try getting the rest of the garbage file from the gibson.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iGarza For This Useful Post:

eTom (2010-04-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGarza View Post
    you should try tweaking your p-rams and re-glazing your hard drive.
    if that doesn't work try getting the rest of the garbage file from the gibson.
    Haha awesome!

As it turns out, it's actually called "FinalFantasyⅡ", and the II part is a non-western character that doesn't display properly in various western fonts. I also can't get my SSH program to upload a file with that particular name.

I ended up going with the Rename option. After adding the Repo and installing the App, I simply renamed the Final Fantasy II app and we were in business.

Thanks to everyone with their help on this!

eTom