Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard putting iPhone into safe mode on OS 3.1

Thanks

Mine works pretty fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ice0004 View Post
    Guys, I tried installing winterboard on my 3.1 (out the box). I'm getting a pineapple logo, and my screen goes black right away afterwards. My phone won't boot. Please help.
    You have to restore then rejailbreak. Next time you install winterboard, install mobile substrate first, then install winterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright this seems to be an older thread, but it also seems to be the only relevant one to the issue im having.

I had to do alot of "rigging" previously to get winterboard to work on my ipod touch 1st gen running 2.2.1.

Today I finally got it upgraded to 3.1.3 and jailbroke, but I seem to be having the same issues as the other people in this thread.

Previously downgrading to mobilesubstrate 093005-1 resolved my previous issue of winterboard preventing cydia from downloading anything. Doing the same thing this time caused the device to boot into safe mode. I removed winterboard and installed the latest version of mobile substrate, and now the device isnt booting in safe mode.. however.. now when I load Cydia I dont get a popup error, it just says on the background of cydia:

Unable to load (Operation could not be completed. Invalid Argument)

Is winterboard currently compatible with 3.1.3 on a first gen ipod touch? if so, what versions of Cydia, Winterboard, and Mobilesubstrate are you all using?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123