Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard installation crashes iphone...help?

Question Winterboard installation crashes iphone...help?
    Hey there everyone!

So I just successfully jailbroke my Iphone 3gs using redsnOw (woot!) and then I immediately installed winterboard so I could get some nice themes. Unfortunately once winterboard was installed, I clicked the "reboot device" button, and everything just went black.

I couldn't start it up or anything, and I absolutely freaked out haha. Anyways, I just finished restoring my iphone as a new Iphone (b/c i think i remember reading that you are not supposed to back up or whatever?)

So before I jailbreak my Iphone again, and attempt to install winterboard, can anyone give me some suggestions on how to successfully install it without causing my iphone to crash?

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it

Same thing happened to me when i jailbroke my friends 3gs. I read somewhere that your supposed to install mobile substrate before you install winterboard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though

Alright i got it working!

I installed mobile substrate, then i installed sbsettings, and once installation was complete i did the drop down menu for sbsettings and clicked on respring, and voila it was installed.

should help anyone else who ran into the problem

Oh nice. I hope this works. Last night I installed winterboard maybe 2/3 times and everytime it crashed my iphone and did what you described. I had given up on it up till now. Ill try this when I get home. Hope it works!

Sigh...I just installed mobile substrate, it tried to restart the springboard and froze there...left it for like 20 minutes, restarted my phone and now i have the dreaded apple logo...

Any way to get out of this one without a full restore ... AGAIN!?
    Last edited by Daikonran; 2009-08-31 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost