Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Icons not changing

Default Some Icons not changing
    Ive noticed that with pretty my all my themes scince ive gone to 3.0 JB that not all of my icons change

i got the sms to finally work by SSH into it and change it to messages vs text

anyone know how to get the weather icon to change? , possibly other stuff like
    clock
    fandango

any suggestions would be great, thanks

First of all, go to the icons folder of the theme you're using and make sure there are actual icons made for the apps you're missing themed icons for. It's impossible for theme makers to create icons for all apps, so this should be your first step.

Second, make sure the icon name matches the label underneath the icon on your Springboard. For Example, my Doom app is labeled as Resurrection. If the icon was named Doom.png it will not work and should be renamed Resurrection.png. (I believe it's case sensitive but correct me if I'm wrong) Sometimes app updates change the label name which will also change the icon compatibility with the theme. So you must manually rename it with SSH.

If you're using Weather Icon and LiveClock, those apps change the icons giving them custom values depending on time and weather. So if you don't have a matching theme for those two, then they will stand out. Fortunately, the latest update of Weather Icon allows you to show the temperature as a badge instead of changing the icon. So you can use the weather icon that matches your theme. You can change that in Weather Icon settings.

Hope that helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xrdxkunx For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2009-08-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ Great job on the instructions/help. Nice.

Thanks

So I have to download SSH or how do I access it?
    Last edited by LeonardoCal; 2010-01-27 at 11:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

ssh would work, or you can also use iFile and navigate
    /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/NAMEOFTHEME/Icons
    to check the icons
    download iFile from Cydia or Rock...its shareware...

also if its only App Store apps that aren't changing and you're on 3.1.2 then see if there is an AppIconMask, AppIconOverlay, or AppIconShadow in the UIImages folder of the theme ......if there is then you may need to clear your icon cache.....just tell me if you need instructions on this...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

Yes please!
    I dowloaded the carrier Auto Brands bunddle and it has WAAAAY more than what I need and was wondering if there was a way to take stuff I don't need from the whiteboard list