Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock.png not changing w/themes - stuck on standard apple dock ?

Wink Dock.png not changing w/themes - stuck on standard apple dock ?
    Hey guys,

Upgraded my iphone/clean install 3.0 on 3G. started to put all my apps on and then realized that the dock.png is not changing on any of my themes - nor is it changing with any of winterboards dock options ie. transparent dock etc.

Cannot work out why - and avoiding a restore again if possible.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? or can anyone suggest where i can start investigating to fix this problem myself?

My knowledge of theme-ing is limited - ie. not sure where to look first.

All my themes have the dock.png in there folders, but its just not changing.

Any clues or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

SINC

Also... in previous winterboard (pre.30) i was able to copy my themes (preinstalled) into winterboards themes folder and they worked. At the moment, any older themes are not acknowledged unless they are re:installed via cydia.

Also forgot to mention, did a reinstall of winterboard & also tried removing it and installing again to no avail. (re: bug above post)
    Last edited by SINC; 2009-07-18 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The png is called "SBDockBG.png" without quotes. It is also case sensitive so type it exactly as I did.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-07-18)

Default Hey thanks mate! - but didn't work - tried that too.. :-/
    Hey man, thanks for the input, but no luck. Tried that just before you posted. its weird... did the apple change the name of all their files? ie. this theme that previously worked, and even the ones that come with latest version of winterboard don't work either. ie. in transparent dock folder, its just dock.png.

I'm confused! hah but i'm sure i'm not a spaz.

Thanks again man, appreciate any further suggestions.

SINC

They changed some files for 3.0 like SMS bubble names, for example.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-07-18)

I ran into the same problem. Are you using Reflective Dock or Supreme Preference 3.0? The Reflective Dock setting in SP3 changes your dock into the Apple default but with reflective icons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xrdxkunx For This Useful Post:

SINC (2009-07-18)

Hey mate - i think you were right. i had supreme prefs 3 installed at some point... then un-installed it because 1/2 of the features didn't work. I reinstalled it to see if the dock setting had been left on (don't remember touching it) but after changing reflective dock setting to off... all my themes / docks are working again. I've kept it installed, but inactive. Thanks for the heads up - was a great suggestion. Cheers. SINC!

THANKYOU I NOW FIXED MY IPHONE DOCK I LOVE YOU FREKIN GUYS..or gals

Hey Guys, I'm having the same issue. Except I've tried to turn the reflection off with supereme and even checked/downloaded the "Reflective Dock" package to try it but my dock just refuses to be anything but stock, WITH reflections still. Can I delete something to fix this?

can anyone please guide me to the folder where this SBDockBG.png is?

i created one by myself and only wnat to replace the fuggly stock background without the use of winterboard. os3 is allready slow enough.....

edit: found it in system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

i found a nice collection of dock backgrounds here:

http://www.apple-iphone.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13550

is there any chart available with listing where to find what kind of files?
    Last edited by nehvada; 2009-08-27 at 02:26 PM.

Hey i ran into the same type of problem, it took me a while to figure out but i remembered that i used to have Shrink (cracked) installed so i reinstalled it and then when my springboard re-sprung my dock worked again... Not sure if it will help, but try it; it might be because of having reflective icons and Shrink has an option for reflective icons so it may have fixed it.