Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying a WinterBoard theme

Default Modifying a WinterBoard theme
    I am new to cydia and winterboard as I have only had a jailbroken ipod for a week. I am a huge Notre Dame fan and found an awesome theme "called Notre Dame" but there are few issues with it. Some of the icons remain normal while others become little "ND" icons that are almost completely transparent. I assume the issue is with 3.0. Anyway, is there a way that I can make all of the icons solid as they would be without any themes? right now its about half and half and it looks stupid. I was hoping I could change something to make the theme apply to everything but the icons (or add another theme that will make the icons all the same, even if it isn't the standard icons).

Thanks for the help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well my suggestion is going to be based on assumptions as I do not have that theme or have never even seem the theme for that matter.
    When downloading themes you have to keep that not all themes have icons for every single application on the iphone, which means, say you load the Notre Dame theme which only has the custom icons for the stock applications (again i dont know if this case, i'm just making an example) every other application you install after that (whether it is via App Store, Cydia or **********) will not have the matching custom icon to match the theme... In which case your theme will not look complete as you will end up with 2 different types of icons (get me?)
    About the transparent themes, make sure that you do not have the "Dim Icons"option enable in Winterboard.

Hope this helps
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

That makes sense, seeing as other themes that change everything leave the same icons at their default appearance. I do find it weird that Music and Videos do not change with the theme but photos and Safari and Mail all do, all of which are very basic stock options.

What I am wondering is is there a way to make all of the icons normal, as in default? I want to apply the theme to everything EXCEPT the icons so that they are unchanged and all stay standardized. is there a way to do this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You sure can.
    Download http://iphonebrowser.googlecode.com/...owser.1.91.exe
    Once you download it and install it go ahead and open the application whith your iphone connected it.
    Click on "goto location" and select "winterboard themes"
    On the left side you'll see a folder with the name of the theme in question (example: Notre Dame)
    Click on the folder to expand it and you'll see another folder called icons.
    right click on the icons folder and choose rename and just do icons1 or something... now this is one of the easiest way i can suggest for you to do this... you can create an icons package and choose it to Cydia so you can go back and forward between icons set but then we're complicated things a bit more LOL... so by simply renaming the icons folder in your theme and do a respring (or reboot) on your phone all icons should go back to stock look but still keeping the Notre Dame theme

Feel free to press the "Thanks!" button
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to williamjv For This Useful Post:

xxdobermanxx (2009-07-08)