Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs winterboard help

Default 3gs winterboard help
    I have a new jailbroken 3gs with purplera1n and am having trouble finding out more info about winterboard. I searched alot and found some good info but I downloaded for instance color battery and get the message winterboard has crashed etc... so the question is what do I use to run these applictions in place of winterboard? Also logome doesnt work.. anyone working on a new release for this?

I left verizon for iPhone YAY

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think winterboard ha been updated for 3gs compatibility yet
    aside from sshing into your phone and changing the files by hand i don't think there is anything else, especially not anything that's been made for 3gs YET.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quailitynoob View Post
    I have a new jailbroken 3gs with purplera1n and am having trouble finding out more info about winterboard. I searched alot and found some good info but I downloaded for instance color battery and get the message winterboard has crashed etc... so the question is what do I use to run these applictions in place of winterboard? Also logome doesnt work.. anyone working on a new release for this?

I left verizon for iPhone YAY
    Even though the 3Gs has been jailbroken (with a Beta version of purplera1n that is) Winterboard has "not" been made compatible with the 3Gs which means for now you will need co enjoy the beta jailbreak yet keep the stock look on your phone

Just hang in there, it'll come!
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to williamjv For This Useful Post:

Quailitynoob (2009-07-05)

Right on thanks for quick response time... ping>>>>> hopefully some of the threads get labeled [3gs] so that ealier version and newer version iphone users can keep updates inline with the correct phone .. maybe with time i will understand fully where im at .....eeerrrr yaeah.... something like that thanks again happy to be part of the community

^^Qn^^ First video using iphone 3gs

YouTube - thewoodsmenspost's Channel

Default OK i read what happen
    the same problem Ihad with my iphone 3gs

it crashed, and was not able to make it work again, any other tricks to uninstall winterboard without restoring again??

^ when in safe mode, go in cydia and unintstall it
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

I wasn't able to even get my phone to BOOT after installing winterbaord. Stay away for now... I'm downloading the firmware to do a restore now

just spend 2 hours setting up all the JBreak apps.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W434iQM7Lzw"]All we can do is…[/ame]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you accidentally install WB your phone will boot although it takes about 3 minutes... just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you accidentally install WB your phone will boot although it takes about 3 minutes... just wait.
    it shut itself off totally. it kept displaying the apple logo. i did this for about 20 minutes.

You can manually theme your phone by sshing and replacing the files you want to change. Some things you will be unable to do however such as background

how can i manually theme my 3gs?

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    how can i manually theme my 3gs?
    I wish there was an easy way but there isn't it involves going through all different folders and changing wat u wanna change, a real easy basic one would be icon go to /Application and pick which app u wanna change the icon of and change the default.png

sorry i'm an idiot thats the loading screen lol
    Last edited by morphiusrt; 2009-07-07 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    if this post help click the thanks

Thanks

Official WB update should be on Cydia in a couple of hours. There's already a post on how to manually update WB which works!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SPS For This Useful Post:

Quailitynoob (2009-07-08)

installed winterboard shortly afteR Dinozambas added it to his youtube channel anyone get logome to work yet?

Good video and helpuful: Winterboard Working On NEW iPhone 3GS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRy6XLa7Sg&feature=channel