Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard theming questions

Default Winterboard theming questions
    Hey all,

I have a few questions about Winterboard on iPhone OS 3.0 (3G, not 3Gs).

I'm using the Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Atlantis Icons themes - they come with pretty much everything. However, I'm noticing a decrease in battery life. I'm wondering whether this is due to:

1) the SGA theme itself being a complete theme, or
    2) simply running Winterboard (so even if I only used the Icons theme, batt decrease would still be the same)

I don't necessarily want everything from the SGA theme (battery screens, dialing sounds etc) so I considered making a 'lite' theme with just the springboard wallpaper, badge colours, etc but do battery screens and dialing sounds really impact battery life or is there a particular setting that affects it?

Alternatively if I were to use separate themes in Winterboard (activating Transparent Dock and User Wallpaper with the wallpaper from the SGA theme) would that use less battery life?

Regarding battery life, I would really hate to be always recharging - I can't imagine it being good for the battery to be running it so hard. (any thoughts on whether the battery would wear out more quickly if I'm running it down every day as opposed to every 2 days?)

Lastly: the top bar (example where 'Settings' in written if I'm in the Settings app) has gone black with the theme, and even if I use the lite theme without a statusbar image, it won't go back to normal! How do I fix this?

Thanks
    Last edited by kabutar; 2009-07-02 at 07:29 PM.