Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard audio files...

Default Winterboard audio files...
    I want to know what audio files you can change via winterboard and how to do them. I already have my very own personally made custom icon set/theme installed. Do I just drop the audio files in that file too? What do I name them?

I want to change as much as possible. Text(sent, received, and in window received), slide to unlock and lock sounds, charging, etc. Is there a list of all the audio files somewhere? I need to know what to name my files and also please tell me how to put them into my theme! Thanks so much.

Thanks

All of the system audio files are located : / > System > Library > Audio > UISounds. In your theme, create a folder called UISounds and place your new sounds in it. They have to be named the same as the default ones for them to work. They all must be CAF files. If you have your files as AIFF, you should be able to just change the file extension from .aif to .caf.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoops98 For This Useful Post:

Hayesimus (2009-06-27)

Thank you very much. I already have them as .caf. I used them previously I just never put them into a theme. So the name of my theme is Contrast.theme. In that folder I should have both the Icons and UISounds folders? Right? Thanks so much for your help. Its been months since I've done any modding and its hard to get back in the groove!

Kinda off subject but can I put my battery images, signal indicator, and carrier logos into a folder for winterboard also? I changed them manually but it would be good to know if there was an easier winterboard way of doing it. I just don't know where to find out what to name the folders and stuff... If you know of a link that has all this information I would appreciate it!
    Last edited by Hayesimus; 2009-06-27 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yep, you add the UISounds folder in the same root folder as the Icons. You can put in all your battery, wifi, carrier, etc. icons and have WinterBoard apply them without modifying the default icons. You don't actually need the .theme extension.

Have a look at my theme so far. I zipped it up. You can see the different folders. Scoops WinterBoard.zip

Also, try downloading themes in Cydia and look at how things are done.
    Last edited by Scoops98; 2009-06-27 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks so much! I was doing that last night. Looking at some of the themes I downloaded for Winterboard to see how they worked. I'm trying to make my theme complete. I've been trying to make some icons for all the apps I have. I used to use Categories and just let them be stock icons within a folder showing an icon I created. But I just recently had an issue after updating where all those icons vanished from sight. So I'm trying to steer clear of grouping them in such a manner. Wow, you've really done some work with this theme huh?! All kinds of folders for me to study. This is a big help. Way easier than going through and manually changing the default images... When I am done I'll post some pics. Should I start a thread or is there already a thread for Winterboard theme screenshots?

oh yeah. what is the .DS_Store file? I've seen that in a few themes I've downloaded but I didn't include one in my theme and it still seems to work fine so I guess I don't need it right?
    Last edited by Hayesimus; 2009-06-27 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So here are some screenshots. The first one is my main page. The icons were made by me. In the second pic you can see how they are partially transparent. The signal indicator is an apple. The lower the signal the more bites are taken out of it. If there is no signal, then there is an apple core laying on its side turning brown.

Carrier logo is Hayesimus, naturally.

-002.jpg

-001.jpg

The third image is another page on the iPhone showing some more of the icons I've created. My personal fave is the LOLcats one.

-003.jpg

The next image is more of the icons and you can see I still have more work. The last row and 4 other pages of icons to come up with. I'm about out of ideas! lol

-004.jpg

And the next image is a humorous philosophical conversation I had with my best friend about life. haha

-005.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks

Sorry! The .DS_Store files are a Mac folder/file attributes file. They can be deleted. They're hidden files, so one doesn't see them on a Mac.

Nice dude! I like the SMS colors. What did you change for those? I'll never thought about changing them. Looks good!
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoops98 For This Useful Post:

Hayesimus (2009-06-28)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hayesimus For This Useful Post:

Scoops98 (2009-06-28)

Thanks

Nice! Thanks!
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!