Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard 3.0

Thanks

Default Winterboard 3.0
    I have read and still am unsure about whether or not saurik has winterboard ready for 3.0 or not.

I do know that cydia is ready though! Was in musclenerd's video.

Anyone know?

yes WB is ready it has been for awhile all it needed is the vm map-patch from the official dev team jailbreak in order to work properly.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BLOWNCO For This Useful Post:

muffpirate (2009-06-18)

So, once jailbroken on 3.0 you can just install WB from Cydia and use it?
    Where in 3.0 is the theme folder found?

I have jailbroken my iphone 3g using redsnow this morning. Everything has gone smoothly. A few bugs here and there but nothing major.

I do have one issues when using:

1. 5 icon dock
    2. dock flow theme for winterboard that uses 5 icon dock

for some reason my txt messages icon doesnt convert to the standard tilted icon to allow it to fit in the dock. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1-.jpg  

I wasnt able to convert the text message icon either so i just changed the original icon.png in Applications/Mobilesms

Rename Text.png to Messages.png in /private/var/stash/Themes.hYq97g/DockFlow iPhone Forevermac/Icons/ or whichever dockflow theme that you are using. This is for iSpazios Dockflow.

Saurik just updated winterboard.
    It's now working

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I was having an issue with Messages.app's theme showing up. So I did 2 things that sorta fixes it:
    1. Rename Theme/Folders/MobileSMS to Theme/Folders/Messages.app
    2. Copied this whole folder, and renamed the copy ChatKit.framework, then added it back into Theme/Folders
    does anyone know a better way to do this? Also I can't get my keyboard theme to work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
    I have jailbroken my iphone 3g using redsnow this morning. Everything has gone smoothly. A few bugs here and there but nothing major.

I do have one issues when using:

1. 5 icon dock
    2. dock flow theme for winterboard that uses 5 icon dock

for some reason my txt messages icon doesnt convert to the standard tilted icon to allow it to fit in the dock. Any suggestions?
    Rename the "Text.png" to "Messages.png" to change the icon

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    I was having an issue with Messages.app's theme showing up. So I did 2 things that sorta fixes it:
    1. Rename Theme/Folders/MobileSMS to Theme/Folders/Messages.app
    2. Copied this whole folder, and renamed the copy ChatKit.framework, then added it back into Theme/Folders
    does anyone know a better way to do this? Also I can't get my keyboard theme to work
    I also would like to know how to get the keyboards to work as well as the SMS Background, which doesnt show anymore.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    from where to get this patch .....is it available in cydia or they have done it, i mean saurik has aleady patched it??

Thanks

hopefully i'm not the only one, i jailbroke my iphone 3G on 3.0 and installed Cydia, Icy, Winterboard, and a few others.

First off, everything is good, when applying a winterboard theme - two things happen.

1. The top bar (service bars, time, battery life) all disappear when i go into a program and then back to the dock. It reappears everytime the phone is locked or if i go into a program but then is gone again upon going home.

2. COPY / PASTE allows me to double click to show the crop marks but no option to hit copy or paste ever shows up.

would like these to be fixed in an update if its a problem for many.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1. The top bar (service bars, time, battery life) all disappear when i go into a program and then back to the dock. It reappears everytime the phone is locked or if i go into a program but then is gone again upon going home.

I too have the same problem, using the Fallout 3 Pipboy Theme

I have the same problem with top bar... disappear....
    i try a few thinks ... until now works for me...

Try to enable user wallpaper, user lock background and solid status bar fron winterboard

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It's a known issue and saurik is looking into it

Is it just me with wbweatherwidget, or does WB handle lockscreen HTML differently than the user wallpaper? I have two identical pieces of html for the wallpaper on those respective screens, yet whenever the lockscreen html is used it blocks out the user lockscreen, yet the very same wallpaper.html for the main window works just fine. I even stripped the lockscreen html down to remove the body, and just an empty body with background-color: transparent to no avail.

edit: I figured out why the regular springboard screen worked - it uses Widget.html and that doesn't conflict with existing wallpaper. Lockbackground doesn't work as gracefully with other wallpapers and Widget.html won't apply to the lockscreen.

I can work around the issue by including background-image: in LockBackdround.html, however this is a bit inconsistent - it will display the background image on the lockscreen after a respring, but after a while it goes back to black. However the built in UserLockBackground theme works is much more reliable displaying the image; I'd rather the LockBackground.html remain transparent so UserLockBackground (or another theme that specifies a background image/color) displays.
    Last edited by minerat; 2009-06-27 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

tried to apply those three things - didnt work for me. i'm using stormy black. Anybody else have this issue who solved it?

Stormy Black