Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clock Widget with Winterboard Page Wallpaper

Default Clock Widget with Winterboard Page Wallpaper
    I'm trying to make a theme with this winterboard page wallpapers. I can get them working but they seem to overwrite my clock widget and I cant figure out how to do it.

I basically want the wallpapers to stay beneath the clock widget. Any help would be appreciated.

Chunk
    Tesco iPhone 4 Jailbroken 4.3.3

Post what your trying to do.

If your using springjumps then you have to actually cut the section out of the pages (make it transparent) where the clock is for it to show through.

If your not using springjumps and the clock widget is separated from the rest of the theme in winterboard, make sure its above your theme in the list.

Not sure what you mean by springjumps. I'm using a clock thats enabled through the wallpaper.html file. And I want another theme to use the page0 etc.
    I tried removing the wallpaper from the Clock theme and then loading the other theme under the clock in winterboard but with no luck.

Can you zip what you have and upload it.....and I'll take a look at it.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Still working on it, but I'll have 4 pages: Page0, Page1, Page2, Page3
    I want the Girls.theme to appear under the Clock theme.

Awesome if you can help

Anyone managed to get it to work?

Thanks

@ WhoGotTheChunk

You need to remove a section (make it transparent) from each Page.png image where ever the clock appears on the wallpaper. The Wallpaper.png won't need to be altered. If the clock widget is located in a seperate theme by itself, it needs to be placed above the theme you want use in Winterboard. I recommend using a wallpaper that matches (if not, looks good) with the Page.png images, because with section removed you'll see the Wallpaper.png through it as well as the clock.

I'll check out the theme you posted and hopefully shed some light on it.

Thanks

Ok here try these pages. I removed a section from each page that will reveal the clock. Since the Girls theme is just PageX.png images, place them ABOVE the active theme you're using, so the Girl pages will override any others.

Let me know how it turns out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Yeah I was kinda hoping it wouldnt have to come to that. Would be nicer to have the clock overlaying the Girls theme anyway. If thats the only way it can be achieved then I guess I'll have to do it that way. Thanks tho

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhoGotTheChunk View Post
    Yeah I was kinda hoping it wouldnt have to come to that. Would be nicer to have the clock overlaying the Girls theme anyway. If thats the only way it can be achieved then I guess I'll have to do it that way. Thanks tho
    Here's two images of a theme I'm using that uses the page feature and the clock widget.

The first one is my Page0 with a transparent section to reveal the clock and the second is the wallpaper with the clock. It uses a wallpaper image that matches the page, so when the piece is removed it doesn't appear that a piece is missing, but lets you see the clock with the illusion of it being on each page.

I hope this gives you a better idea on how to make it appear to be on each page instead of under them.

EDIT: Lol. Just realized my Clock widget's date wasn't right. My bad.
    Last edited by iTJ; 2009-06-10 at 08:11 PM.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

I was able to pull this off in my iNitsua theme: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...-beta-2-x.html

The trick is to make a theme NOT have a wallpaper.html

My wallpaper in the theme is "wallpaper.png"

The clock widget is "widget.html"

Now I can save a default wallpaper via Photos, then use winterboard and place "User Wallpaper" above the theme I'm currently using.
    #eli7e revived me

So if I rename the clock to widget.html it will possibly work? and remove the part where it calls for the wallpaper in the script?

Thanks

So if I rename the clock to widget.html it will possibly work? and remove the part where it calls for the wallpaper in the script?
    Yeah I'm curious to know that too. Will the clock widget appear on top of each PageX.png image instead of appearing on the wallpaper? I didn't know anything about "widget.html", I've always used a "wallpaper.html".

Thanks
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Still cant get it working.

Thanks

Still cant get it working.
    What problem are you having?
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

still the same. I don't know if it can be done.
    Ahh well looks like I'm gonna have to bodge it.