Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon naming for Winterboard

Default Icon naming for Winterboard
    Okay, say I'm making my first theme and I want to make icons for as many apps as I can while still maintaining my sanity.

With that in mind, how do I know what to name the icons so Winterboard knows which application to assign it to? I know it's probably a stupid question, and it's probably covered in here somewhere (although not in the "How-to" sticky as far as I could tell) and I really want to know.

I'm almost done with my theme ... this is the last step.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

winterboard knows the name of all icons , dont mind if its new apps.

We'll use the Google app as an example ... If I made an Icon called "Google.png" and placed it in the Icon folder Winterboard would know what to do with it? Or waht about an icon named "SP Mobile.png" (for the Southpark mobile application)? Is that how it works?

Thanks again!

you have to copy the exact name , that appears in the icons in the springboard , you understand ? im sorry for my english .

for example: need for speed.. in the iphone says , NFSU , so you make an icon and give it thet name ......

I did a test with the aforementioned "Southpark Mobile" app. I figured out that you name the icon whatever the label is that appears beneath the icon and not the app name. Winterboard must use these labels to identify the correct icon to use ... awesome.

Thanks for your help ... and once my theme is done I'll post it up here on modmyi!