Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard themes not changing all icons

Default Winterboard themes not changing all icons
    When i use a Winterboard theme, it won't change all icons to the new style. How can i fix this?

Well, are you sure the theme includes all the icons you need. Themes only include the icons that the author has made.

I found some were misspelled too.

Thanks

The icon file name must exactly match the name of the app as it appears on springboard. This includes proper case as well as any or no spaces between words.
    As mentioned, not all apps have icons included in the themes. What I do is rename some unused icons that might be appropriate for my app or I copy and rename an icon. If you are good with a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro you can create your own icons to addto the theme by editing one of the theme icons and making a template out of it. This is obviously easier to do in some themes than in others.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I'm seeing double bhz1, jeeeez and only one cocktail,,,,,,huh

Thanks

Have no clue why that happened. Took care of the dup

Default Where are the icon files located and how do I get to them?
    I'm new to iPhone theming with Winterboard, I'm curious, where do you find the files for the themes. I've installed many themes, and none of them have changed the icons out the way they're supposed to. In particular, I was hoping to get Glasklart running the way I've seen it in photos, but my icons didn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinbeeler View Post
    I'm new to iPhone theming with Winterboard, I'm curious, where do you find the files for the themes. I've installed many themes, and none of them have changed the icons out the way they're supposed to. In particular, I was hoping to get Glasklart running the way I've seen it in photos, but my icons didn't change.
    LOL, this thread is like a year old. Anyways, do your icons not change at all, or do only some change?

As far as the Glasklart theme is concerned, read this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...esnt-work.html

Ha, I didn't even realize that. None of the icons change. I'm more interested at this point in understanding how theming works. I've learned to use ssh and an FTP client to transfer files to my iPhone but the only folders showing up for me are library and media. Media is empty and library does not have a theme folder in it. I created a theme folder and installed a theme but it doesn't show up on cydia. And the themes I downloaded from cydia directly to my iPhone aren't showing up on my FTP. Is there a way to browse my device from within my device? (without using FTP or netatalk)