Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock and Unlock sound wont change with winterboard

Default Lock and Unlock sound wont change with winterboard
    I am trying to change my lock and unlock sounds but when I use a theme it plays some old sound theme I had a long time ago using transformers sounds. Every sound theme I use in winterboard doesnt work, it still just plays the old theme that I deleted and got rid of. Is there a folder I can use mobile finder to go into to delete it? I cant seem to find it to delete it. What can I do?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks

In mobile finder navigate to /var/stash/Themes.XXXX/ (everybody's theme folder will have different name in place of the X's). Once there look for the old theme and delete it. You can press the Apple button up in the upper right and delete in permantly from the trash. I've had to do this a couple of times with themes I've gotten online. Hope this solves the problem.

Cheers!!!

Thanks I will give that a try.

Thanks

No problem. Let me know how it turns out.

Well i tried what you said, and I couldnt find the sound. So I deleted everything. and reinstalled and it seemed ok had the original apple lock. Then I used a customer theme and it was ok. Then I tried to change to another customer theme sound and it started doing the old transformer one that I dont want.

So then I just restored the phone and started from scratch. And it was ok, but after i installed a custome sound theme, it wouldnt play that theme, on the damn transformer one. So I cant even get it with a restore. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Ok. Try this. SSH into your iPhone/iPod. Navigate to /System/Library/Audio. Inside the Audio file there should be a UISounds folder. Copy that folder onto your desktop. Go through the files and see if any of those were altered. These files are the stock sound files the iPhone/iPod uses. The files are in .caf format, so be sure to have something like QuickTime to be able to listen to the files. I would figure that by restoring the iPhone/iPod it would revert back to it's normal state, but whenever you backup the device it leaves a "fingerprint" of what was on it and by restoring from the backup it will still have that "fingerprint". That's the way AptBackup works. If you find that one (or more) files have been changed you can download the originals from here.

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Stock System Sounds

Once you have the files, just replace the bad ones with the new ones and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll think of something else.

Cheers!!!

Uhh this helped me so it might help you.
    In winterboard move the sound theme you want under the transformer one or under the theme your using or just move it down. Thats what i did and it worked.

Thanks

if none of these work, use ToneFxs from cydia, its an app that changes all the sounds great app