Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How come?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy How come?
    I have created a folder on my Desktop and named it Ray-Sliders, inside that I have another folder called (Bundles) and one inside that called (com.apple.springboard). I went to the downloads section here and downloaded one of the Lockscreen/slider (C.I.A) and it downloaded fine into my folder, but the thing is that when I open up WinSCP and SSH my iPod touch. I drag and drop it into the Themes folder and only the thumb print slider showed up, but the lock screen did not show up. I did notice that it was in JPG format, so I opened up my Paintnet and changed it to 320x480 .png and then tried to drag and drop it again but it still only shows the thumb print slider. I don't know why the lockscreen is not showing up, any response would be great. Also I was told that when I go to var/stash/theme, I was to create my own theme and I did. I named it My Theme, and inside that I have:

Wallpaper.png
    LockBackground.png
    Dock.png
    StatusBar.png
    Icons Folder-and inside that Icons.png
    Bundles-and inside that (com.apple.springboard/com.apple.TelephonyUI)

Is this right, or do I just delete my (My Theme folder) and just drag and drop these new downloads to the original Theme folder that is there? Sorry if this sounds stupid but when I drag and drop other downloads like (batteries) into the original Theme folder, they show up in my WinterBoard. So I am getting messed up somewhere along the line.

Thanks

I going to apologize first, because I got a little confused on what you were describing. Try this before continuing trying to create your own theme. We're going to create a small theme using just the lockscreen and slider images. Let's start off with your desktop folder Rays-Slider. Inside your Rays-Slider folder you should have a Bundles folder and your lockscreen image. The lockscreen image should be named LockBackground.png (make sure that .png is lower case, it's cause me problems before). Inside the Bundles folder you should have a folder called com.apple.TelephonyUI. Inside that folder is where the lockscreen slider will go. The slider will be named bottombarknobgray.png. Now SSH Rays-Slider folder into your themes folder on your iPod Touch and activate through WinterBoard. Now your lockscreen and slider should be there. I apologize again if I got confused. Hope this helps.

Cheers!!!

Thanks

Thanks buddy, I have all my folders done and I have put them into a main theme folder (LEGION) and I wish I knew how to show you so you can tell me if they are all set up right. I have had a lot of help and I think it is all good to go, but I appreciate your help and now I know my Sliders folder is correct. If you can think of anyway I can show you them, that would be great.

Cheers, The Crow

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Perhaps this might help, it did for me. It theme theme has everything, hence the name. You can take it apart or just see where everything is. Click here[URL="COMPLETE Stock iPhone Theme*** Virtually EVERYTHING!!"]

For some reason the link in not working. It's called everything theme here on MMI. I try to find it
    Try Again Okay it's working now.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-04-26 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks

blkcadi, do you know of anymore theme/themes because that one won't work on Mediafire and I really want a full complete theme? Any help would be greatly appreciated, just so I can look over everything so I get it right?

Thanks, TheCrow13
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 2009-04-26 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks

Are several themes in Cydia you can download. I downloaded several, then copied the theme to my desktop, and took it apart to see how it was arranged. That's how I got into making my own theme. I'm pretty close to finishing my first complete theme and hope to have it on Cydia as well. Here are some that I used to help me place the folder/images in the right place.

iComplete
    Mac UI
    Alex Voice
    Silent Hill
    (Note: None of these were absolutely 100% complete, but they will give you a start on creating your own theme. The creators of these themes did an amazing job.)

Just download a few and look what is inside. If you end up using something from someone's theme, give them credit for it. Theming can take awhile for some.

Cheer!!!