Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the lock screen clock font

Default How to change the lock screen clock font
    I saw this and am wondering how it was done? I've yet to find a thread in here discussing this.

Hmm...

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

there is an app in cydia called "fontswap" install that and it gives you the option to change system, lockclock, and dialer fonts, it also comes with a font starter pack
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycdiplomat For This Useful Post:

exNavy (2009-04-09), Shelly Manelly (2010-02-19)

Nice program.

Is there a WinterBoard way to theme this clock? The fonts in the program are limited, and don't include the font in the picture above.

I do see that there are other fonts packs to use with FontSwap, but I'd still like to find out if there is a WinterBoard way to do this instead.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2009-04-09 at 09:17 PM.
    Hmm...

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Nice program.

Is there a WinterBoard way to theme this clock? The fonts in the program are limited, and don't include the font in the picture above.
    pm me, ill tell you where to go to get more
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Winterboard is not capable of changing system fonts... it can only change 1 SYSTEM font to another SYSTEM font... You can use winterbaor to change JUST the lock clock font with another font... but again, it must be a SYSTEM font. What font swap does is it just replaces system fonts with any dl'ed font. and keeps the name the same, so when the iphone goes to use the Helvetica font for example, and u have swapped something else in that file, the iphone will use ur knew font (thinking that it is using Helvetica). If u want more info on this, go here: MacThemes Forum / WinterBoard 0.9.2692-1: initial support for font changing
    (and make sure to read post #4) but Font Swap is currently ur best bet for non-system fonts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

exNavy (2009-04-09)

Thanks

If you want to change the lockscreen clock using winterboard you will need to make a html page to place in your theme.

read this thread to see how to do it.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...ock-color.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks

hey, of topic but a similar question: Is there a way to make the badge font different from the other system fonts? actually I just want to make the font color for the badge different, so can I do that?

with winterboard you can use the info.plist (key-"BadgeStyle" String-CSS)to change the badge... u have full css control over it, so u can change font, color, size, etc... If u dont know what im talking about, read this thread.

MacThemes Forum / [WinterBoard HELP] Almost-complete iPhone Theme-ing Guide.

(7.1 is what ur looking for)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    pm me, ill tell you where to go to get more
    PM sent
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero" - Tyler Durden

Hi there,

What font is this?

Thank you

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    Winterboard is not capable of changing system fonts... it can only change 1 SYSTEM font to another SYSTEM font... You can use winterbaor to change JUST the lock clock font with another font... but again, it must be a SYSTEM font. What font swap does is it just replaces system fonts with any dl'ed font. and keeps the name the same, so when the iphone goes to use the Helvetica font for example, and u have swapped something else in that file, the iphone will use ur knew font (thinking that it is using Helvetica). If u want more info on this, go here: MacThemes Forum / WinterBoard 0.9.2692-1: initial support for font changing
    (and make sure to read post #4) but Font Swap is currently ur best bet for non-system fonts.

the part about changing the lockclock font must be a system font is NOT true, Ive added neuropol2 to the lockclock and it works flawlessly via fontswap, I just wish I could change the color of it to my theme color.

What r u talking about? What part about the lockclock? r u saying that because u used font swap to change the lockclock font to a non-system font that wb does not only replace system fonts with other system font? Because i explained how it does that. I dont really understand what ur trying to say, but there is nothing incorrect in my post.

can someone plz help me out here is what I'm using and need to change the color to blue, how plz?
    Attached Files Attached Files

my BAD, I should have read on! although you had me confused for a bit. In order to change a font to any other type of font you would need to use a font editor to change the name back to the system fonts name. So for example, I used neuropol2 font for my lockclock font, in order for me to use it I have to change the font name from neuropol2 to halivatica witch is the font name that the iphone system uses for the lockclock font. And this goes for any other system font that you want to change, it must be in the same name that the Iphone system uses. That is what you should have said in short!!
    Last edited by kulohe; 2009-10-19 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost