Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard themes

Default Winterboard themes
    Okay, so I want to know if I can import any summerboard theme into winterboard.

If that is the case then I should be able to pick from the 1300 themes on this site and transfer them right to my phone and use them in winterboard right?

Any idea where you would put the themes on the phone for this to work?

Quote Originally Posted by enfurno View Post
    Okay, so I want to know if I can import any summerboard theme into winterboard.

If that is the case then I should be able to pick from the 1300 themes on this site and transfer them right to my phone and use them in winterboard right?

Any idea where you would put the themes on the phone for this to work?
    Yup, so it should be

Put them in /Library/Themes
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to marcoiac For This Useful Post:

lazyluis32 (2008-09-14)

I don't see a library/themes folder. I am running 2.0.2 firmware. Maybe it is hidden but I have checked the usual places.

me too...no /library/themes folder....full path somone please?

Jim

have you installed winterboard? it should be there.

/library/themes

if its not just create a folder under /library and call it "Themes" then put your theme in that folder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

make sure you are going to the root directory, not the one called 'root'.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks
    i'm connected to my iphone using netatalk. i can see the folder /root/library/themes but when i try to open it(double click or cmd+o) it just disappears.

what am i doing wrong?

i am using WinSCP to get on to my iphone 3G and i have succesfully located themes folder within winterboard...the downloaded themes i got from MMI are now in there and showing up inside winterboard on my iphone but when i apply them it loads for a second goes back to lock screen and nothing has happened, the theme has not applied but is ticked in winterboard! i tried to apply gunmetal remasterd and a few other including Gunmetal 3.0 Black Edit....can anyone please help me. there are alos i feel worth mentioning folders in folders within folders inside theme folders, would this affect anything ? thanks, andy

May not be it but, Make sure either the theme is the only thing checked, or it is dragged on top of other options. (The far right of each theme is three gray bars, hold and drag)

Simple I know, but I didn't notice it untill I saw someone else post it.