Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had to Un-Jailbreak after installing Winterboard Dialer Theme

Default Had to Un-Jailbreak after installing Winterboard Dialer Theme
    so ...thank God for itunes restore becuase yesterday after installing a dialer skin i lost the ability to open the Phone app! i tried several reboots and even removing the theme then Wboard all together...still no dice. i had to do a full restore and now my phone is back to factory gayness. anyone else had this problem?

im on 2.02 rc1

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

you could of just downloaded the phone stock file off this website but i guess its a bit late now
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Two questions, 1) Is there a guide to show you how to UNJAIL Break while also backing up the restore file?
    2) For some reason, I lost the LETTERS on my phone DIALER keypad and had to install winterboard and add a theme just so I could have the letters.

What is the best way to resolve this?

Thanks

Re: Well I REALLY need help! LOL. My Letters on phone dialer are missing!

I removed winterboard as I thought it was creating lag - - then tonight, I had to call charter cable which is 1-888-get charter when I noticed it was missing, now I have a SUPERMAN theme dialer just so I can see the letters.

What do you think happened?

It's not like you can restore to a previous state can you? I have on another partition the same exact copy of my MAC OSX 10.5.8 but not sure how long the letters have been missing.

Also, I think when I used PWNAGE (I think that's what I used) it had me choose a custom restore which was on my desktop, iPhone 1,2_3.0_&A341_customRESTORE so not sure what would happen if I restored to that.

If I could find a them I could live with, perhaps without WINTER BOARD, I could care less, like a RED SOX or LOST TV theme dialer.

Also, since I am only at 3.0 on my 3G, is there a guide to restoring the phone BACK to APPLE SPEC meaning, restore back to APPLE so it no longer shows the pineapple. I ask as if I am going to keep jail breaking, I need to know how to restore back to FACTORY defaults, make copies of my HACKED backups (with all the APPS) plus turn around and restore to the HACKED back up.

Advice? ? ?

Thank you...

PS> There was also this program that had some sort of text edit from the dialer as well as contacts and to turn it off, you had to hit the X Back button, can't remember what that was called but I don't see it on the phone anymore.

Maybe that will help, maybe it was a trial program that expired and with it, took the letters?

Does this ring any bells? (Program that allows you to search from within dialer and do other things?

Thanks
    Last edited by composer88; 2009-09-01 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost