Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where To Start

Question Where To Start
    I am not sure where to start. I am kinda confused now. Because heres the deal I bought a 8gb unlocked 1.0.2 iphone from ebay. I would like to start modding the phone. It already came with the installer thing on it. I have read all of the guides but they seem to impliment that I would have to restore my iphone and start from scratch. Well I would rather not do that since I already have all of my stuff on it and everything and plus I really dont want to go through the hassle of unlocking it if I restore. I know I could I just dont want to.So is there anyway to start modding on a iphone that was previosly modded on another pc and mod it on my pc.

Also just to let you know, I am not new to computers or modding(I am mr.v3i from cash & poetic_folly's modmymoto).

well if you have installer app on there, your basically 90% the way there... You can do almost everything with just using installer app, the only other things would be ssh. You may want to test if your ssh is open, if not, we have a guide for installing ssh. The only problem you will have will be from upgrading to 1.1.1 unlocking and moding.