Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Windows based v1.1.1 downgrade to v1.0.2 - Working!

Quote Originally Posted by natzky View Post
    any links on erica's unlock app?
    Erica's unlock.app is in the downloads section on this site. You can use any unlock program after the baseband is downgraded. I used fast unlocker, took about 3-4 minutes to unlock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry i took so long to post results. after an allnighter i teated myself to ihop for breakfast! anyways... iUnlocker DOES work after you downgrade the baseband to the 03.14.08_G version. so down grade firmware and then baseband and then iunlocker works... i didnt find the link for ericaUnlock so i risked it... but its ok. success...

Where can i download these???

seckpack40113.bin
    ieraser
    bbupdater
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls

Thanks

Smile ForceFedDSM DUDE you ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
    Instead of using pscp or winscp you can just use ibrickr to load the files to the /unlock folder. Worked great for me since I couldn't get any of the scp programs to work. Then I couldn't get putty to work so I used mobile terminal on the iphone and got the baseband chip erased. When I tried to update the baseband chip to 3.14.08_g it would not take because the command wrapped onto the next line which always caused an error. So now I have a phone with 1.0.2 firmware, no baseband, and no working way to flash the baseband. So I did a restore to 1.0.2 again hoping it would flash the baseband chip and it did. I now had a phone 1.0.2 with 3.14.08_g baseband. All I did next was unlock and go

So for the easy steps:

1: Downgrade to 1.0.2

2: jailbreak phone

3:install installer.app using apptapp

4:using installer.app install community sources, bsd subsystem, openssh, and mobile terminal

5: use ibrickr to upload files(bbupdater,ieraser,...etc.) to /unlock folder

6: go to mobile terminal on iphone and type cd /unlock

7: type(without quotes) "chmod +x ieraser"
    "chmod +x bbupdater"
    "launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter"
    "mv secpack40113.bin secpack"
    "./ieraser"
    "bbupdater -v" this will check to see if chip is blank

8:then just put phone in recovery mode and restore to 1.0.2 using itunes and you now have a downgraded firmware and baseband.

9: jailbreak and unlock or leave as is

You can also check your baseband without having to use the bbupdater -v command. You can just go to settings->general->about->modem firmware

Hope this helps someone for having to use some of the command line stuff

Jared

Dude I downgradeed with your explanations. Your explanations are so simple and easy and THEY DO WORK REALLY !!! I tried all of them and only yours did work. I can't tell you how thankfull I am.( btw sorry for my English )

THX!

when i do this command in putty.

launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter

i get the following error. launchct1 remove error: no such process

thanks guys!

so if i have the 1.0.2 version and i upgrade to 1.1.1 to get all the new features then i downgrade again to 1.0.2 do i lose all the new features? i want the features but it needs to be unlocked. so do i still retain the new features even after downgrading it?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadCode2k View Post
    when i do this command in putty.

launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter

i get the following error. launchct1 remove error: no such process

thanks guys!
    you have probably removed it already. that's what I found happened to me, just continue on, see if it works.

also, I have seen some places that it is better to "unload" rather than "remove" the file.

If you were like me and unlocked your AT&T iPhone for the hell of it and upgraded to 1.1.1 like an idiot. Just follow the steps ceza_g posted a few posts above this.

Unfortunately it will not reset your IMEI/CCID back to default by itself -BUT- you can use anySIM (yes it worked perfect, get the last version) and unlock your phone again and your AT&T sim will work "AS GOOD" AS NEW.

I say "AS GOOD AS NEW" because the phone is technically unlocked and its not in it's virgin state. It will work like it did before you upgraded to 1.1.1.

after trying over and over again with my stock 1.1.1 iphone
    i still havent been able to erase the baseband
    it runs the command but stops at "waiting for data..." and doesnt continue
    i checked the baseband later (by resetting putty) and its still 4.x.xx

iv followed the guide word for word sofar and still no luck

any ideas anyone?

I am freaking confuse right now. Ok i was one of those guys who updated their phone by mistake to the 1.1.1 firmware, and then downgraded and came up with the error of invalid sim, because the baseband couldnt be change. Now the it can be change. What do i have to do.

Do i have to restore the phone again to the 1.0.2 version
    use iBrikr to load the files for the base band, and unlock or anysim? Is that right?

I am really sorry but i am really confused? I just dont want to make any more mistakes and have a non operational Iphone again. Please help

I followed the instructions on the 1st page and now have a downgraded firmware and baseband too. I accidently use AnySim to unlock the handset and it shows the carriers name of the new simcard but just drops the signal and makes no calls, is that the reason for NOT using AnySim? Can anyone tell me how to use Erica's unlock program?

Thanks,

Waz

Default what unlocking program did you use?
    what unlocking program did you use?, where can i find it?

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFedDSM View Post
    Erica's unlock.app is in the downloads section on this site. You can use any unlock program after the baseband is downgraded. I used fast unlocker, took about 3-4 minutes to unlock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can some1 please let me know where to download secpack?? i need secpack badly...its urgent..dont give rapidshare or megaupload link....i cant download from ther in my country...its better u give me mediafire link

i got the files..but im unable to downgrade the baseband.

Can anyone please post clear cut steps for downgading the baseband?? I have downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2.
    Last edited by cyber_bilal; 2007-10-14 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok Guys u dont need unlock app i have used anySim 1.02 and i works well .if u guys need the secpack let me know i will link it . i have done 10 phones since yest all 1.1.1 new sealed and downgraded to 102 and then i used this method to downgrade the baseband as well
    upload all files to the usr/bin directory if u having trouble with i ieraser its coz u have not renamed the secpack40113.bin to secpack
    rename and use ibrickr to put the file in usr/bin.
    this process is v simple
    after the ierase run the bbupdater -e *.eep -f *.fls
    then run anysim102
    THIS WORKS
    cheers
    Nikesh

"Launchctl remove error: No such process"
    What should I do? I have downgraded my iphone (1.1.1) to 1.0.2, then jailbreaked.
    I have installed bsd subsystem and openssh through installer and terminal through ibrickr.
    Uploaded ieraser, bbupdater... to /unlock and rename secpack.
    But the command launchctl remove com.apple.commcenter won't work.
    I got stuck. Please help!!!

Now that I skip the launchctl step and continue on to mv secpack40113.bin secpack, then ./ieraser ->waitting for data... can't write
    I swear I have follow exactly everystep, except skiping the launchctl thingy.
    I promised my friend to unlock his phone, but now I need some help!!!
    Last edited by fallen_evil; 2007-10-14 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OK up this is what I did since I read a bunch of different crap.
    Opened new 1.1.1
    thought "oh ****!"

Loaded on 1.0.2
    Used DVD Jon's activation thing
    loaded jailbreak
    use winscp to copy my unlock folder to my iphone
    when attempting to use secpack it says
    "Command 'mv secpack40113.bin secpack' failed with return code 127 and error message -sh: line 97: mv: command not found"
    and when i did the one with the apple command
    "Command 'launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter' failed with return code 1 and error message launchctl remove error: No such process."
    Please advise

i followed the guide and everything went good. i get it downgraded to 1.0.2, and the baseband downgrade went fine. but when i put unlock.app on my iphone and try to run it, it doesn't work. i click on it and a white screen comes up and then after 15 or 20 seconds it closes(nothing ever shows up on the white screen, and never says anything) and goes back to the home screen. any ideas why? Thanks, Jared

Default handing up while its reflashing
    # ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud
    Please reset target
    Resetting target...
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot-loader is active
    ProcessDetailUpdated: EBL version: 3.9_M3S2 3..9
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot mode is: CC
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Baud rate set to 750000
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Get flash id.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 1
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Flash ID is: 88620089
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 2
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot process finished
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Reading SW version data
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Receiving data.
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Upload OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 132 msec.
    Upgrade from to
    Downloading EEP
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Start downloading from file ICE03.14.08_G.eep.
    PuTTY# ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud
    Please reset target
    Resetting target...
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot-loader is active
    ProcessDetailUpdated: EBL version: 3.9_M3S2 3..9
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot mode is: CC
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Baud rate set to 750000
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Get flash id.
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 1
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Flash ID is: 88620089
    ProcessDetailUpdated: CFI stage 2
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Boot process finished
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Reading SW version data
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Receiving data.
    ProgressUpdated: 100
    ProcessDetailUpdated: Upload OK
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Process time was 132 msec.
    Upgrade from to
    Downloading EEP
    ProcessOutlineUpdated: Start downloading from file ICE03.14.08_G.eep.
    PuTTY

its handing up right there and not changing what should i do or change???

got it guys it was a corrupted file
    Last edited by kryptedak; 2007-10-14 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i cant find the bbupdater anywhere please where is it ??

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    i followed the guide and everything went good. i get it downgraded to 1.0.2, and the baseband downgrade went fine. but when i put unlock.app on my iphone and try to run it, it doesn't work. i click on it and a white screen comes up and then after 15 or 20 seconds it closes(nothing ever shows up on the white screen, and never says anything) and goes back to the home screen. any ideas why? Thanks, Jared
    i have the exact same problem... whats the difference b/w unlock.app and anysim. is there any other method i can use to unlock without reflashing my baseband?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast