Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help with Bar Dialers...

Red face Please Help with Bar Dialers...
    I ran into a problem with loading a new bar dialer. I really dig the retro phone dialer that looks like an old payphone. I followed all the same steps I have been doing with my mods that have worked so far to load the graphics, but what I am left with on my iPhone is only partial. The top bar that shows the numbers that you enter is changed to the right graphic, and so is the call button, add to contacts and delete buttons. The number pad still looks the same though. I was trying to figure it out, and I thought the problem was that the zip file was missing the dialerkeypad.png and the dialerkeypad_pressed.png. I tried cutting just the keypad out of the DefaultDialer.png that is a screen shot of the whole bar dialer and saving it under the dialerkeypad.png and the dialerkeypad_pressed.png file names and loaded them into the phone and that didn't work. Then I looked at other bar dialer zip files and none of them even had dialerkeypad.png or dialerkeypad_pressed.png files so I guess I am wrong about needing them. What am I doing wrong?

could you throw up some pics?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

get some pics it's easier for us to hep
     Think Different

Incase you do not know how to get a screenshot/pic..

Download Installer.app and run it. Then go on your phone and it is a program called "Dock." There will be a 'sunburst' in the bottom right hand corner of your phone now, if you drag it out, choose screenshot.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:

GLuv12 (2007-10-13)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post

Download Installer.app and run it. Then go on your phone and it is a program called "Dock." There will be a 'sunburst' in the bottom right hand corner of your phone now, if you drag it out, choose screenshot.
    very nice tips
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help me, and I hate feeling lame like this but I installed apptap and it went smooth, but I don't see the program dock anywhere. I have installer on my home screen, and I installed sketches already (which is awesome) but I don't see dock.

I was too quick to give up. I got Dock loaded, along with like 10 other programs. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Anyways, here is the screen shot of the bar dialer problem I was describing.
    Last edited by GLuv12; 2007-10-13 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, what is that at the top? Is that supposed to be the inside of the phone? Because if so, WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it is supposed to look like a payphone. I got the graphics from this site actually. It's in the download section under bar dialers called retrophonedialer2. If you check out the actual graphic it is crazy cool. I just can't figure out why I can't get the buttons to change.

CAN SOMEONE POST THEIR MobilePhone.app ON THIS FORUM>> I NEEEEED IT.>

I'm not sure what you mean by posting the .app. I would help you out if I was smarter. I just came back to this thread because I figured out my original problem changing the bar dialer. I was trying to load the individual .png files into the folder on the phone, when what I needed to do was load the .artwork file.