Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strage iphone problems

Unhappy Strage iphone problems
    Hello Everyone!

At the start i would like to point out that I'm a noob so please be gentle with me - thnx :-)

Just bought a second-hand iPhone for a very good price and I have some problems. When i bought the iPhone the screen was showing - Please connect to iTunes - the seller said he doesn't know WTF is going on with the phone. Bought it, came home, unlocked it with iBrick and phone is working at the moment. The next step for me was to take the simlock off. The the problems started here. As the manual for unlocking the phone with iBrick states that after installing Installer i should have a working Wi-Fi connection this is my first big problem. The Wi-Fi is gray, I tried to update the software via console to 314.fls but it doesn't work. Also found a manual to kill a process, update it and than run the process again - I cannot kill it - the phone says that there is no process :/

So i don't have WiFi. If I install Anysim right after unlocking the phone it does not work - crashes a second after it's started.

And the third matter that is really bugging me is the external speaker - it doesn't work. As i don't have any gsm connection i do not know if the speaker will work with gsm connections but i cannot listen to ringtones, the phone doesn't make ANY SOUNDS. What can I do ? I tried putting the headphones in and out in and out really fast - doesn't work. I tested the iPod functions - works OK - music plays perfectly.

So if anyone could help me with the following :
    - unlocking the simlock
    - making the WiFi work
    - making my speaker work

I would be really really thankful.

Also, there is a little scratch on the case of the phone - it may have been opened before i got it - what could this mean?

--
    Best regards

may have better luck posting in an iphone forum, as this is the ipod touch forum....
    Really?

What are you talking about this isn't the itouch forum its the Windows Mods for the iPhone...

Wake up!
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks

First, use iTunes 7.3.2 and do a restore using firmware 1.0.2

Then use the guide at http://iphone.unlock.no

Hope this helps
    Asif J Ahmed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    Also, there is a little scratch on the case of the phone - it may have been opened before i got it - what could this mean?

--
    Best regards
    I think the seller knew exactly WTF was wrong, which is why he sold it to an unsuspecting target. Trying the Hardware unlock has caused many a WiFi to fail. I think there is a fix listed on hacktheiphone.com, check it out.