Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Email doesn't work

Default iPhone Email doesn't work
    Hi,
    Does anyone have problems with their email feature? The phone used to automatically download yahoo mail for me. Now it says "Cannot Get Mail. The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect." Does any have a fix for this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by extradoidoi View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone have problems with their email feature? The phone used to automatically download yahoo mail for me. Now it says "Cannot Get Mail. The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect." Does any have a fix for this? Thanks.
    Is this Iphone unlock or not?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

try to run pacay again thats wat I did for my
     Think Different

Do you mean click on the "(CLICK HERE) activate" file?

Thanks

Do you mean click on the "(CLICK HERE) activate" file?
    yea make sure it's unzip tho
     Think Different

I reran Pacay and it didn't work. It still says "Cannot Get Mail. The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect." :'( help....

Thanks

I reran Pacay and it didn't work. It still says "Cannot Get Mail. The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect." :'( help....
    ok erase your account and do it again and see if u didn't put the wrong infos
     Think Different

I deleted the account at Settings and re-enter the info and still doesn't work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to extradoidoi For This Useful Post:

ghonem (2008-03-13)

Did you try running on a different mail settings? Try opening up a yahoo account or gmail and test it from there.

I had the same problem. What ended up solving it may not work for you but here goes.
    Go to your Yahoo account on your PC. Log out. Log back in - see if they have any messages for you. I had just finished my AT&T Yahoo Broadband subscription, and they had a message waiting for me saying I needed to unmerge my Yahoo email account from my SBCGlobal.net account. Once I did that the problem was solved. That message was not available until I logged out.

Default Solution
    Actually, what I did was I restored the entire phone (start from scratch) and it worked. I had to ibrick the phone again from the beginning and after doing the whole process, the email worked again. : )

Thanks

Actually, what I did was I restored the entire phone (start from scratch) and it worked. I had to ibrick the phone again from the beginning and after doing the whole process, the email worked again. : )
    I advice this same process. There couldn't have been some sort of a glitch when you unlocked it the first time.

sorry extra doidoi can you explan to me how you have finsh this problem cus i have the saam my phone is 1.0.2 i have buy it unlocked and i have no exprence how to upgrade it
    but now i have the saam problem with yahoo maill the saam what u was have
    thank you
    ghonem