Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skinning for PCs 102

ok great tutorial but i need just 1 clear example of what to enter into cmd for me to change the ipod icon plz. I mean in all that when do i hit "enter"? and the icon i paste does it have to be the same name? plz just 1 clear example with when to hit push enter cuz that tutorial doesn't say and i get lost plus when i try i input /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png and it says can't find it

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You press enter (or return) at the end of each line there. and if you input just /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png, that is nothing. You have to type putfile /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png, or getfile /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png, or wtvr. You need a command.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok but i input this /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png hit enter and it says can't find it

Thanks

right, like I said, that command does nothing. What about that? Are you trying to change to that directory? If so, you need to type cd in front of that path.

ok i found the icon but when i go to replace it iphoneinterface crashes on me and asks if i want to send error report

ok if that command does nothing then...??? what i need is a full example of what it is i need to enter not just an idea. plz i'm so close i can feel it
    Last edited by laz305; 2007-07-20 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

put the icon you want in the phonedmg folder and rename it to icon.png then
    type in "putfile /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png" and press the enter button and that should do it.

ok the only way i have done all this modding is by copy&paste so if someone could plz post it so i can do so i would be totally grateful, ty

ok then ...

put the icon you want in the phonedmg folder and rename it to icon.png then
    Copy and paste this with no quotes. Leave the putfile in the command thats telling it what to do"putfile /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png" and press the enter button and that should do it.

ok what about the lockdown? i dl'd the plist and put it in phonedmg floder, and thx a lot i'm happy

Ok great! what do you mean by lockdown do you know a location?

hey and once i have entered anything from phonedmg folder and its on the iPhone do i have to leave it in the folder or once on the iphone i can delete it from folder?

u can delete it

Here is the download for the replacement files, in case you want to put it all back , enjoy
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=101

i hope it gets approved and should appear in the stock images folder in downloads shortly.

Thanks

Sure, approved.

this is my mod so far, i also moded the front screen with battery and the slider!

ok thx i am now drag'n & drop'n with ease but can't locate where to drop this bottombarknobgray.png its the slide and hopefully signal is there as well?

Sorry but i am kind of new to the iphone modding, but i do have one question, Say i do skin my phone, well if i do a restore will it clear everything that i loaded into the phone? Or do i have to go in and do everything one by one with the stock icons? Thats the only question i have guys. And awesome job on the icons and layouts. They look awesome

If you restore it puts everything back to the way you got it. Even your icons.

Nice, so if my phone mest up then i would just restore it and be able to take it back? The reason why i ask is because my phone has that battery problem, so im gonna take it back and exchange it. but im just so antsy to mod it. I got the ringtone and logo and bottom dock changed.

I dont think you can take it back to the store because of the weird warrenty but it would take it back to the factory settings.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast