Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new phone 1.0.1 how to update to 1.0.2?

Default new phone 1.0.1 how to update to 1.0.2?
    Hi,
    I just bought a new phone luckily with the old firmware 1.0.1. HOw do I update the firmware to 1.0.2 when I get the Activate Phone from iTunes and no restore button for me to hit shift restore. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

There are lots of posts about this... Basically...

1. Download: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=479. Make sure its unzipped. You should see the file extension of .ispw! Save it on your desktop or in a convenient place.

2. Hold your home button (front) and restart button (top right) for about 25 seconds until you see the yellow triangle that says "Connect to iTunes". At that point, Plug your iPhone in and connect your phone to iTunes. I tunes will recoganize the phone and say that you must restore the phone. Click ok on that box. When you get the to the screen in itunes to restore, hold down the ALT, button or Option (mac) and click the RESTORE button in iTunes. This will allow you to select firmware to restore to.

3. Select the firmware version iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw and click ok. This will restore your firmware to 1.0.2.

Then just continue on with the unlock!

Cheers!
    Last edited by catriple; 2007-10-01 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Thank you catriple. Question. When you say "This will restore your firmware to 1.0.0" don't you mean that my 1.0.0 firmware will now be 1.0.2 cuz that's what I'm trying to achieve here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, Sorry that is a typo! It should say 1.0.2. lll fix it but wanted to reply to confirm!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to catriple For This Useful Post:

danayanch (2007-10-03)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default regarding your post!
    Sweet!