Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safely Relocking & Updating

Default Safely Relocking & Updating
    I unlocked a 4gb iPhone for my brother, hes on t-mobile. Contract is up really soon and we want to switch him over to AT&T.

Is there (yet) a way to safely upgrade to 1.1.1 and re-lock the phone so it is in a "virgin" sort of state, so that we can activate it through iTunes and use it on AT&T?

Maybe I can reflash the baseband to the stock firmware and then upgrade? Ideas?

Thanks!

dude tell your brother not to waste his time with AT&T,stay with t-mobile they are a better companies and they dont disconnect you phone if you late on your payment.AT&T dont play when it comes to their money for now if i was you i would leave the phone alone until there is a fix for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

barys07 (2007-10-01)

Quote Originally Posted by rlich8 View Post
    I unlocked a 4gb iPhone for my brother, hes on t-mobile. Contract is up really soon and we want to switch him over to AT&T.

Is there (yet) a way to safely upgrade to 1.1.1 and re-lock the phone so it is in a "virgin" sort of state, so that we can activate it through iTunes and use it on AT&T?

Maybe I can reflash the baseband to the stock firmware and then upgrade? Ideas?

Thanks!
    As of this point in time there is no reliable way to relock your phone
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Alright. Guess we'll just have to play the waiting game for a bit. No big deal. Phone works fine.

Thanks guys.

Has anyone confirmed that the instructions posted here do or do not work?

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/24/how-t...rmware-update/

Dan