Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginizing your iPhone?

Default Virginizing your iPhone?
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone has virginized, or brought it back to a factory state? I guess this is only nessessary if you unlocked it. . . anyways, here's the instructions and was wondering if anyone else has tried this and has it worked for them?

http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore
    Last edited by wally_wall; 2007-09-29 at 09:02 PM.

DO NOT USE THAT METHOD!!!

HOFO Fourms
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser
    DO NOT use that tutorial to virginize your phone, it is absolute bs and gives you a bogus IMEI like the other user mentioned, I learnt this the hard way. There is no way to virginize your phone yet but the iPhone Dev Team is working on a program called "Back to Stock". Be patient.

One of the first things apple checks is the IMEI to see if it matches the box. Now that my IMEI is changed, I don't know how to put it back to its original state.

can u be a bit more vague?!?! specifically, why should one not use this method?

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    can u be a bit more vague?!?! specifically, why should one not use this method?
    uh? he states it pretty clear in the quote. well after i was aware that i shouldn't use this thanks to the guy who posted above, i was doing a little research and according to the dev-team they claim it doesn't work because bbupdater won't flash a lower radio firmware.

hopefully they get a fix for that.