Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps disappeared.. Please help me

Default Apps disappeared.. Please help me
    Hi, Ive been modding my phone for a while now and never haf this problem before. I was running a little low on disk space so I decided to use BossTools to free up some disk space. I tried "relocating applications" but it wouldnt work, so I exit the program and my springboard has only about 6 apps on it. I am missing customize, installer, poof, catagories. I dont know what to do, all my games are missing and all my 3rd party apps. Please help me. I read about others having a similar problem but not really any answers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you're using 1.1.3 or later, BossTool 0.35 will fail the Applications relocate. This is because it uses the symlinked directories (/var instead of /private/var) and the normal symlinking done for relocation can't be done across two symlinks (Unix thing, it doesn't like it).

If you can SSH into the phone, then check /private/var for Applications, if it's in there, MOST of the apps should be in there. There should also be ANOTHER Applications folder inside it, which should be the original containing everything. If this is so, do the following (verbatim):

mv /private/var/Applications /private/var/Applications.old
    mv /Applications /Applications-boss
    mv /private/var/Applications.old/Applications /private/var/
    ln -s /private/var/Applications /Applications
    rm -rf /Applications-boss
    rm -rf /private/var/Applications-old

After this power your phone off normally then power back on. BossTool should read that the Applications have been relocated and you should have space free. After all this funny business though, I'd fix the application permissions (and write for mobile just in case):

chmod -R 4775 /Applications

That'll also set SUID on all apps in case it got switched off.
    Last edited by kcrmson; 2008-03-19 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Duh, the apps should be back too!