Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iphone transfer

Default Help with iphone transfer
    HI I by mistake deleted all my music file on my computer but I still have them in my iphone the problem is I can't find a way to transfer them back to my itunes or my computer from my iphone. can someone plz tell me how I can do this I have been searching the internet for like an hour can't find out how to do this plz help thanks

I too ran into this problem and Iam afraid to hook up my Iphone to my newly formated HD. Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RANE2001 View Post
    I too ran into this problem and Iam afraid to hook up my Iphone to my newly formated HD. Help!!!!
    the most you can get off of your iphone is your contacts and calendar unfortunately. they had a lot of trouble with this with the ipod as well, it's encoded in a special format that only the iphone can read and interpret. you can get the music off your phone, but you won't be able to listen to it or import it into itunes. until they release a tool to do this, unfortunately you can't do anything about it. just make sure whenever you sync that "sync music" is unchecked on the music tab in itunes when you have your iphone connected, and that "only sync checked items" is checked, or all your music will get wiped from your phone too.