Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mywi working on ios 4 (sort of)

Default Mywi working on ios 4 (sort of)
    Well not sure if anyone else has posted this anywhere else on this site, but I did a search and could not find it. Anyway, I was able to get MYWI to work on IOS 4 at least partly. I was able to use my iphone to get my home PC online which is the most important function of the app for me. I am using a 3G jailbroken with redsn0w. I downloaded the app just to see what would happen in my situation. I downloaded the 3.5.3 version (I beleive) and of course when my device rebooted it was in safe mode. I was able to open the application ok and enable bluetooth and USB tethering which alone did not work. I then went to check my network settings and was suprised to see the option to enable "internet tethering" there. I selected it and enabled internet tethering via usb (because my bluetooth does not work on my pc) and to my suprise, it worked perfectly!!! Of course the drawback is the iphone is constantly in safe mode, but for someone like me who relied solely on the iphone for home internet access (I'm using my home pc to post this message) it's ok for now untill the app is ported for IOS 4. I want to state that I am not sure if MYWI will work this way broadcasting a WIFI signal, but for USB connection it does. Also, I am pretty sure this is enabled through the app itself. I left the option for internet tethering on in my network settings tab and turned it off in the MYWI app and my iphone was no longer sharing it's internet connection. I know there has been some talk about IOS 4 offering the option to internet tether with different data packages (unlimited data v.s. data pro or data plus) and am not worried that AT&T will charge extra (as they are my employer) but untill then this at least is an option for those of us unable to get home or laptop PC's online when they need to.
    Last edited by Dmflora85; 2010-06-28 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

it will be updated in the next few days