Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi help

Default wifi help
    ok first off here is whats wrong. my 2g phone screwed up so i had to restore it. i was on 3.0 still so i decided to just go up to 3.1.2 since it was the latest that was jailbroken. once i get 3.1.2 on my phone i find out that the wifi is messed up and that many other people are having problems too. ive tried the reset trick and it doesnt work for me. my wifi works for maybe 2sec then i get nothing. one guy said he went back to 3.1 and that fixed it so i tried it too. i went to 3.1, 3.0 and even 2.2.1 and it still is messed up. im back on 3.0 as of right now and i have only jailbroken it but havent installed anything yet since im probably gonna have to erase it all again.

when i updated to 3.1.2 i used blackra1n RC3 and thats when the wifi problem happened. (im not blaming blackra1n, just letting you know what happened) since then ive tried blackra1n once more and all other times i used redsn0w. it obviously didnt help.

does anyone know of anything that i could do to fix this problem? i would greatly appreciate any input on a fix.

this happened to me on 3.1, i just rebooted my device a few times, and it stopped
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

ive rebooted tons of times on all different firmwares and the wifi has never worked since i put 3.1.2 on my phone