Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flashing the baseband failed

Default Flashing the baseband failed
    Hi,

I am having a hard time trying to flash the baseband because when I used anySim to unlock the phone it gave me the error message "couldn't locate the bytes to patch."

To flash the baseband, I know I had to upload the bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, ICE03.14.08_G.fls into iphone and run some commands. But when I type the command "launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" it gave me an error message "could not process." And when I type the command "launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" it says
    "nothing found to load."

I don't want to have an iPaperWeight so if anyone knows how I can fix this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks

use the unlock.app in the download section ,,,it has less hicups than anysim.app

check with ibrickr if the files are inside you iphone first
    look inside the directory /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ if you find the file com.apple.CommCenter.plist if the file isnt there try to copy it inthere
    if the file is there is probably some permission problem, try to jailbreak again

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alguerre For This Useful Post:

infoserv (2007-10-07)

Thanks. I'll try that.

emm i had the same problem, com.apple.CommCenter.plist deleted itself out during some sort of process. download it from somewhere or restore your iphone to v1.0.2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im had thee same problem so I did a restore and tryed to redo the 1.0.2 now it wont redo it and is stuck
    with a simble showing the cord and itunes simble whatt should i do please help. i have been trying to finish unlock for a week straight