Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sms Time Stamp Fix?

  1. #1
    Default Sms Time Stamp Fix?
    So after restoring to 1.1.4 and unlocking/jailbreaking my iPhone a while back... i didn't realize until yesterday that my SMS time stamp is behind a few hours...

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    I tried setting my time zone.. But i dont think that changed anything.. Even tho i trie dthis on 1.1.3 when i had it and it worked...

    Anyways my time Zone is GMT -5

    date and Time setting in phone:

    Set automactically N

    Calender:
    Time zone support off
    time zone> greyed out...

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    When you say you tried setting your time zone, you mean that you changed your Date and Time Zone Set Automatically to OFF and manually changed the time zone? If not, try that and once you manually change your time zone you can change the Set Automatically back to on and you should be fine. I had the same problem and when I turned off the Set Automatically setting it was showing a default time zone with Cupertino. Changed to the correct time zone, set automatically back to on, no more problems. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    I'm having the same problem! but not until WEdnesday. I"m running 1.1.3 on an OTB 1.1.1 and the time zone was just fine until i did a all settings reset to try to fix my bluetooth (which didn't work anyway). I fixed the time zone setting like you described CoolJimmyJ but still nothing...4 hours behind (i'm GMT-5) which is odd since the US & Can are on the same Daylight savings time schedule....HELP!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chillypbear View Post
    I'm having the same problem! but not until WEdnesday. I"m running 1.1.3 on an OTB 1.1.1 and the time zone was just fine until i did a all settings reset to try to fix my bluetooth (which didn't work anyway). I fixed the time zone setting like you described CoolJimmyJ but still nothing...4 hours behind (i'm GMT-5) which is odd since the US & Can are on the same Daylight savings time schedule....HELP!
    Chillypbear, can you WinSCP into your phone and tell me what your permissions are for the folder /private/var/db/timezone. I seem to remember reading another thread somewhere about setting the permissions to this folder to 0777. I just did an All Settings Reset on my phone like you described to try and duplicate your problem. The time zone did revert back to Cupertino again but I was able to change it back. So I went and looked at the timezone directory permissions and mine are set at 0777 for this directory so I am wondering if yours are the same? Let me know what you find.

    Any luck with this yet Yetti12?

  5. #5
    will test soon jim... Let you know

  6. #6
    yup... cool jim... still now go

    Should i try that persmission thing? 0777?

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Jimmy J View Post
    Chillypbear, can you WinSCP into your phone and tell me what your permissions are for the folder /private/var/db/timezone. I seem to remember reading another thread somewhere about setting the permissions to this folder to 0777. I just did an All Settings Reset on my phone like you described to try and duplicate your problem. The time zone did revert back to Cupertino again but I was able to change it back. So I went and looked at the timezone directory permissions and mine are set at 0777 for this directory so I am wondering if yours are the same? Let me know what you find.

    Any luck with this yet Yetti12?

    Hi CoolJimmyJ: Just got your msg. I don't get Wifi at the office so couldn't WinSCP but I do have Iphone PC SUite and found the file you were talking about but i couldn't open it. ANy thoughts/suggestions? If I need to use WinSCP I will do it when I get home tonight and msg you.

    found this while searching: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...291#post428291
    Last edited by chillypbear; 2008-03-17 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    Went to the link you posted Chillybear. Looks like you got it working using that fix. If so that may well work for Yetti's problem as well. Yetti follow the link Chillybear posted and check out the post by jbrandon. Let us know if this works for you.
    Last edited by Cool Jimmy J; 2008-03-18 at 12:51 PM.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Exclamation Time Stamp FIXED!!!!!!!OK
    1-Entrar en la carpeta (por SHH) /usr/share/zoneinfo/America, y luego de hacer respaldos en nuestra PC, borrar los archivos Buenos_Aires, o Caracas(o la ciudad que coorresponda), que se encuentran en la carpeta America.
    Si Ud no esta en America Busque en la carpeta de su continente.
    2-Resetear el iphone
    3-Colocar el horario adecuado en Settings–General–Date and time-coloco Time Zone: Caracas(Buenos Aires, o la ciudad que corresponda)—luego en Set date and time coloco la hora del momento en Caracas(o tu ciudad).
    Voila
    Y se acaba el problema de Hora(orden de los mensajes) en SMS y el de horarios verano inv en los relojes del Clock.


    Voila!!!}

    Saludos de eluquer



    1-open the folder (by Shh) /usr/share/zoneinfo/America(or your continent), and after making a back up on your PC, delete file Buenos_Aires or Caracas, or wherever you are(your city),located in the folder America(or in your continent, Europe, Africa, etc).

    2-Reset your iphone
    3-Put the correct time in Settings–General–Date and time-
    Time Zone: Caracas(Buenos Aires, or the correspondent city)—
    Then in Set date and time put the proper time for Caracas, Buenos Aires, etc(your city).

    Voila

    End the problem with time stamp, SMS time order, and incorrect DST times.

    Works perfect in: 1.1.3 an 1.1.4 (checked in 26 iphones)

    Best Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina


    eluquer

    1-Entrar en la carpeta (por SHH) /usr/share/zoneinfo/America, y luego de hacer respaldos en nuestra PC, borrar los archivos Buenos_Aires, o Caracas(o la ciudad que coorresponda), que se encuentran en la carpeta America.
    Si Ud no esta en America Busque en la carpeta de su continente.
    2-Resetear el iphone
    3-Colocar el horario adecuado en Settings–General–Date and time-coloco Time Zone: Caracas(Buenos Aires, o la ciudad que corresponda)—luego en Set date and time coloco la hora del momento en Caracas(o tu ciudad).
    Voila
    Y se acaba el problema de Hora(orden de los mensajes) en SMS y el de horarios verano inv en los relojes del Clock.


    Voila!!!}

    Saludos de eluquer



    1-open the folder (by Shh) /usr/share/zoneinfo/America(or your continent), and after making a back up on your PC, delete file Buenos_Aires or Caracas, or wherever you are(your city),located in the folder America(or in your continent, Europe, Africa, etc).

    2-Reset your iphone
    3-Put the correct time in Settings–General–Date and time-
    Time Zone: Caracas(Buenos Aires, or the correspondent city)—
    Then in Set date and time put the proper time for Caracas, Buenos Aires, etc(your city).

    Voila

    End the problem with time stamp, SMS time order, and incorrect DST times.

    Works perfect in: 1.1.3 an 1.1.4 (checked in 26 iphones)

    Best Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina


    eluquer
    Last edited by eluquer; 2008-03-24 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Jimmy J View Post
    Went to the link you posted Chillybear. Looks like you got it working using that fix. If so that may well work for Yetti's problem as well. Yetti follow the link Chillybear posted and check out the post by jbrandon. Let us know if this works for you.
    Hey Jimmy,

    Actually the fix I found made things worse. Long story short SMS was disappearing (would appear in the pop up but not the sms app) anyway. Had to restore and reupgrade it's been hell...I'm installing WinSCP as I write this on my work computer and will let you know if I can read the permissions. Thanks!

    Couldn't seem to get the permissions thing working and the solution eluquer posted doesn't really work either. I found this. Working so far, no disappearing SMS....hopefully forever

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35751
    Last edited by chillypbear; 2008-03-28 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •