Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] New E-Mail Tone won't work?! Simple mistake?

Thanks

Default [HELP] New E-Mail Tone won't work?! Simple mistake?
    I have a 1.1.1 OTB 3.9 BL upgraded to 1.1.3.

trying to put a new email sound in to replace the rubbish one that exists as standard, and i believe its much like sms:

system/library/audio/uisounds

and you get your file, change extension to .caf and replace the existing sound.

now, whatever i put in under "new-mail.caf" does nothing, when i recieve an email it is silent.

however, if i then back up the original sound file it works fine.

am i missing something? it cant be a size limit as ive also tried adding a sound 120000bytes smaller!!!!

i have tried rebooting between adding sounds....

i know its new-mail.caf but ive tried ReceivedMessage.caf in desperation and tried doing both at the same time, rebooting, still no joy. Just no sound.

This, is, driving, me, nuts.

bump
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-03-14 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've found in the older FW's u can just change the file extension and I guess "fool" it to thinkin' it was a .caf but in 1.1.3 I had the same issue and had to actually convert it to a caf then upload it. So I "think" theres ur problem try converting it ( I used a program I heard about here called Switch) u can google it and d/l the trial version. Now have ur file and convert it to a .aiff then rename it to .caf and it will work! If not (which I doubt) let me know. Good Luck!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

bkoster (2009-03-08), reeko (2008-04-22)

iam having a problem with this too, i change the tones to something else and its just silent.