Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best programs to create an icon for 3rd party apps?

Default Best programs to create an icon for 3rd party apps?
    hey was wondering if anyone knew of some programs that let you create an icon for 3rd party apps thats easy to use, i tried iconfactory, but i cannot open it after it dowloaded,...any suggestions?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

They are just .png files. I use Photoshop and it works incredibly.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

oh, i c, well if anyone has time i wanted an icon for iBiblespace, figure i make an icon with a bible on it, or jesus! haha cuz i aint got photoshop, lol

GIMP= Free photoshop

awesome thanks!

hey i created the icon and the whole ibiblespace.app, but i cant seem to get it on my phone, i use ibricker, familiar with it?

i figured i could just upload it through ibricker under applications, but it says ibiblespace.app.tar why is the. TAR on there? and its not showing up on my phone...hmm this is fun....hahha
    Last edited by Lonestar87; 2007-09-22 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think if you use SummerBoard you can just name the icon to whatever shows on your screen (such as Chat.png, Installer.png, Settings.png, etc) and put it in your icons dir and it'll use it. Not positive though.

I haven't done my icons by dumping them into the app dir so I can't really help ya. My guess is that you have to name it the same as the icon already in the dir and overwrite it.
    ~Jen

oh ill try and see... thanks