Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't connect Iphone to PC without crashing the Computer

Default Can't connect Iphone to PC without crashing the Computer
    Ok.. So this is my "iphone" story
    I got my iphone last week, and got all excited about using ziphone 2.5 GUI to activate, jailbreak and unlock the phone (simply just by clicking "DO IT ALL" button and wait). After doing that, everything works fine, Im able to use my iphone with t-mobile, download apps and every other fun stuffs...
    but once I try to connect the iphone to my laptop which is running win XP, at the bottom right, where the clock and many others icon are at, the usb icon appears and pops up wat appears to be "still camera" something...
    after that, instead of the iphone being recognized by itunes, the whole screen (of my laptop) turns black, and I am unable to do nothing else on the computer except restarting the whole thing.
    I tried again for many times and never get it to work! Same thing comes up every single time... But when i put the phone in restore mode, It doesn't black out the screen, but actually shows up on itunes asking me if I want to restore my iphone...
    So my question is: what should I do? Is there a prob with my iphone or laptop or even itunes (coz i tried to reinstall itunes but nothing changed)...
    Should I restroed the iphone? Im new to this, so what if i restore the phone, imma lose everything i have including music, contacts and everything rite? Since i cannot get them to sync by using itunes now... if i have to restore and lose them all, im screwed??
    and lastly, after restoring, i need to "unlock" the phone again?
    thats all, if any of you guyz can help. i really appreciate that
    thankssssssssss

try to restore it without installing the BSD systems.

ok, so i actually did download BSD subsystem when i was playing around with my iphone... Is that the one that coz this problem?
    Can I just uninstall BSD subsystem... without restoring the phone, because im afraid by restoring, i'd lose everything... what exactly restoring means with iphone? can any one explain for me?
    sry, im just being too careful and dumb with this expensive gadget

ok... so thanks for the advice, i did try to restore my iphone, and got the 1015 error message. after that... I don't know what to do, because the phone just stuck in DFU mode and I can't do nothing about it... SO i use ziphone, but it back to normal mode, and it's back to whatever it was b4 it was unlocked (the emergency call screen).. so I guessed it had been restored!!!.. SO i took the risk and did the "DO IT ALL" again by Ziphone 2.5... it turned out fine... i got it to work now... but i no longer install BSD subsystem...
    SO.. can u guyz tell me... whats wrong with BSD subsystem on my iphone... can I reinstall it... coz without it, i can't use many coollll apps...!!! help plz

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

try cydia. it has a better bsd subsytem.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

can u instruct me how to install that... im not familiar with iphone stuff... like do i need to add any source etc...

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

check out this website http://www.saurik.com/id/1

instructions are there
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

one more problem after I restore and unlock my phone Again earlier... I could not run a punch of apps I dun know why.. such as pocket guitar, sendpic, sendsongs... when i tried to run these apps, it just switched to a black screen and swtiched back to the home screen right away... nothing happened...
    any explanation??

Default New updates
    ok... i'venot gotten the attention and help from this thread... and i think i noe why...
    2 days ago, i restored my phone, and eventually ended up jailbroke, activated and unlocked it again.. and everything works fine ( except for youtube, and some other apps) but i was happy that i was able to sync my iphone by itunes again... and i never tried to install BSD subsystem again... then... just today... just as usual, i plugged my phone to the PC... open itunes... and guess wat? BAM! the black screen again... and nothing could be done to fix but to reboot the whole PC...
    SO now i think... the problem is not with my iphone... but the problem is the PC... or maybe itunes... but i tried to reinstall Itunes b4 and it didn't work..
    until I had to restore and re-unlock everything with ziphone...
    Can someone help here... thanks... im desperate for help!!
    thanks in adv.

Exclamation Maybe this is the problem , , ,
    Check your Usb cable and see if it isn't damaged . . .
    Try plugging your iPhone with another Usb cable
    I once had a problem with my printer . Every time I plug the Usb cable the computer freezes and stops responding . . . .