Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Iphone question

Default Unlocking Iphone question
    I just bought a new iphone and before I unlock it for tmobile i wanted to know if the phone will work 100% meaning all the features such as youtube and email and etc, etc.. I tried searching around the forum and found some issues but never really found the answer if everything works 100& pls help.. thanks

Yes, everything will work with T-Mobile except for visual voicemail, which is an exclusive feature of AT&T. With T-Mobile, when you click the voicemail icon, it will just dial the usual T-Mobile voicemail number instead.

Keep in mind though, if you want to use EDGE to browse the internet when you aren't near a WiFi network, you'll need to subscribe to a T-Mobile Internet plan, if you haven't already. If you add the T-Mobile Total Internet Plan ($19.99/mo) you can access everything just by putting "internet2.voicestream.com" in the APN settings. If you are willing to put up without getting YouTube, IRC, and instant messaging over EDGE, you can subscribe to T-Zones ($5.99/mo) and get the basic Internet apps (like Safari, Mail, Weather, etc.) working. Getting T-Zones to work will take a little more effort though... there are guides posted if you search these forums.
    Last edited by hagerman; 2007-09-21 at 05:34 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hagerman For This Useful Post:

a17n5ni17e (2007-09-21)