Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have questions

Default I have questions
    first off

i have windows xp sp2
    iphone version 1.0.2
    itunes 7.4.....the new one

1. if i jailbreak my phone will it work with my system configuration?
    2. if the phone freezes or any errors occur what should i do?

right now i just want to change the carrirer text with my own png

3. if i dont like how it looks how do i put it back to normal?
    4. if i use a png file size 56x20 will i still be able to see the " E " (edge) and wi-fi symbols?

sorry if these are dumb questions but ive been reading so much and all of the newer updates are coming out, so im nervous about messing up my phone.

Thanks,
    Spidey
    Last edited by spiderman001728; 2007-09-19 at 10:08 AM.

ahoy there matey!

1. as long as you follow the steps in setting up your phonedmg folder as shown in the guides section you'll be fine with jailbreaking
    2. if anything like that happens, hold in your sleep and home buttons until you see the apple logo, that will reset the phone and hopefully fix anything that happened. if it is still botched up, just connect to itunes and restore it.
    3. you can either make a back-up of the carrier icon before putting yours in, or just download the original one from the downloads section(you might have to download a stock icon pack to get to it)...that way if you don't like it you will have the original image to swap back in.
    4. the original icon size of the carrier logo is 51x20 so you should be fine, i don't think there are less than five pixels between the carrier logo and the edge logo

thank you very much!!! im still nrvous but i will give it a go.

i did it.....i changed the carrier logo.....cool
    Last edited by spiderman001728; 2007-09-20 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost