Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rsbt Help

Default Rsbt Help
    Okay,

I was in rsbt and i tried to make it where i had no dock icons showing. My phone ended up freezing and the only way I could turn it off was to press both the lock and home screen button down until it turned off. Once I turned it back on everything works perfectly normal except I dont have icons for settings or any of my installed apps. What happened?!

BTW I still have dock icons.

Ive tried downloading dock v2.06 and it doesnt show up! I think I need to get into my system files to check to see if these apps are hidden (in the special section or whatever), but I dont know how to get in there and try it out. Ive tried winscp but I dont know my phones ip address. And then I tried iphoneinterface but I have no idea what commands to put please.

If anyone know what to do I would very much appreciate your help.

Nevermind... I figured it out with a little help from another thread and about an hour of stressing.

The bright side is I can probably help someone else now.
    Last edited by knowtheobscure; 2007-09-19 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had something similar happen, my rsbt, summerboard and installer are hidden. I wanted to look basically stock and figured there would be a way to access hidden icons. There doesnt seem to be, what did you do?

Dock, puts a small I mean SMALL little "sunburst" on the lower right corner of the screen. takes a little getting used to but then it is not so bad. You can also use summerboard and choose the default theme, and skip last row this will "hide" all your extra icons until you flick up on the screen. This is what my wife uses on hers. hope it helps.

Thanks, i tried that out but my question is a little different. Currently i have no installer, rSBT or Summerboard icons, i need to get them back. Im assuming ill need to go into the system and move them back? unless there is a way to view hidden files that i am just not seeing now

Quote Originally Posted by robszat View Post
    Thanks, i tried that out but my question is a little different. Currently i have no installer, rSBT or Summerboard icons, i need to get them back. Im assuming ill need to go into the system and move them back? unless there is a way to view hidden files that i am just not seeing now

Yeah it sucks... you have to get into iphone interface and edit some files. This is what I did.

I used ibrickr to free my phone.

So basically you have to get into iphoneinterface and type this command:

cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

make sure you type it like that exactly... dont forget the space after cd.... then type in:

getfile DisplayOrder.plist

At this point you have to open up the same folder that your iphoneinterface is saved in and you will see a new file in there (mine showed up as a quicktime file for some reason), but anyway open it up with wordpad and you can edit it if you need to. Your looking for this:

</array>
    <key>special</key>

but it should be under all of your files that say this:

<dict>
    <key>iconnames</key>
    <string>com.googlecode.rsbt</string>
    </dict>

If it is above it... sigh with relief because you can now fix it. Just change or copy and paste the special array string of text and place it under all the text that have your icon names. Then save the file. Open up ibrickr, then replace the file in ibrickr.

Good luck!