Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile T-Zones on the iPhone

Default T-mobile T-Zones on the iPhone
    Okay, I'm considering following this guide to activate my internet over T-Zones and if anyone has the knowledge I have a few questions to ask.

1. I have the $5.99 T-zones service or whatever it costs. Is this service unlimited or will I encounter additional expenses from using the internet on it?
    2. What is the main Windows version of "Transmit" (which is for the Mac) that this guy is using? I'm using XP. Or is there possibly an automated program that will do this for me?
    3. Is EDGE any faster than t-Zones or are they the same speed?

Just FYI, I've already unlocked my iPhone and it works fine. Just want to get that t-Zones internet.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Accesory reivew? Don't think this fits here... but, I dunno, but I would doubt that 5.99 would get you unlimited data... I am using the blackberry plan on my iPhone @ 19.99 for unlimited data, hell you can get the blackberry plan on any phone in T-Mobile, just call and tell them you have a blackberry...lol... that simple, as well as a myfaves plan, just say you have a myfaves phone (BLACKBERRY PERL)... but as far as the speeds go, I believe T-Zones and EDGE are the same, i think T-Zones is just an T-Mobile portal to the internet, like toolbars are in Internet Explorer, and nothing more, but I dunno.... just a little info.

LOL sometimes n00bs place things in the most random sections...

You should use WinSCP for windows.

The speed will be the same over EDGE and T-Mobile. Same network, different name.

I used this link to get my TZones working... Now have access to internet...

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6365