Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.30 GB of Other??

Default 2.30 GB of Other??
    ok, i just got done modding my phone today and i go to plug it into itunes and then it says that it cnnot sync. so i reset my iphone and restarted itunes and all of my music was synced back on, but i cant get that 2.30 GB of other gone.
    Help is greatly appriciated

thanks all

Sounds like you need to rejail break or whatever its called. I'm no expert though.

Quote Originally Posted by CHI3F View Post
    Sounds like you need to rejail break or whatever its called. I'm no expert though.
    dang i really dont know if that would do it or not...

thanks for the help, any geniuses out there?

had you used/ installed swap tunes?

yes. but i cant remember if i used it or not, maybe if i uninstall it, it might take that 2.30 GB away that is other in iTunes.

what i would do, is sync your iphone but only have 1 playlist sync to the phone.

Then disconnect the phone from the computer, open swaptunes and let it do its thing, then recconect the phone.

Now it will either say the whole "device needs to be erased" thing-in that case good, do it and youre done, swap back to your other itunes library and then uninstall swaptunes.

Or, more likely it will just bring up the phone into itunes. Go through and uncheck every possible option that can sync the phone(music,photos, info, etc.) and then click sync. It will remove any media off the phone. Disconnect the phone from the computer and open swaptunes again to let it do its thing.

Verify that all your media is showing in your ipod function, and then uninstall swaptunes.

ok, well i plugged it into itunes and it restored, but did it wrong, so now i restored again, is there any to get notes and calendar entries back?

thanks for your help

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Notes, no. Your calendar events should be synced with your computer and should return with a new sync.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Notes, no. Your calendar events should be synced with your computer and should return with a new sync.
    Ok, thanks a lot for your help guys. I don't know if I'm going to mod again until the new update.

Would any of you know when it is supposed to be released?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No idea.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Zman-iPhone View Post
    Ok, thanks a lot for your help guys. I don't know if I'm going to mod again until the new update.

Would any of you know when it is supposed to be released?
    right when u can't wait and started modding
    Best Regards

what exactly does the 2.30 gb refer to?? in other words, what type of media is missing?

i think i know what exactly happen

you used swap tunes, and upload 2.3 gb of music/videos to your second libary

then you uninstall swaptunes, but that didnt delete your your in itunes_control_2 folder

so if you wanted to get rid of that 2.3 gb you should of delete that folder, which is located /private/var/root/media/

but too bad you restored already, but this is just a heads up for anyone else having this problem.

i think i know what exactly happen

you used swap tunes, and upload 2.3 gb of music/videos to your second libary

then you uninstall swaptunes, but that didnt delete your your in itunes_control_2 folder

so if you wanted to get rid of that 2.3 gb you should of delete that folder, which is located /private/var/root/media/

but too bad you restored already, but this is just a heads up for anyone else having this problem.