Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I change the wallpaper? Not Lock Screen.

Default How do I change the wallpaper? Not Lock Screen.
    Hey guys,

I tried doing a search but I think that function is broken. I'm trying to change the background of my iphone as well as have no icons on the springboard. Does anyone know how I can do this?

I'm not talking about going to your photos and setting the wallpaper as that only changes the lock screen wall paper. Thanks in advance.

I am sure one of these people know, I would search around for you.. but I dont currently have my iPhone jailbreaked to look through the files..

If nobody responds, I will have my iPhone jailbreaked later tonight, I have to go to apple to get my phone fixed.. then will be modding it again..

check this..

system > core services > springboard > Default_BG.png

Name your background image file "Default_BG.png" and upload as that.. I think that is the correct way..using iBrickr that is..

not to sure though.. I havent tested.. just used the wiki thing on here.. the files one..
    Last edited by Trent J.; 2007-09-16 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if you want a background image on your iphone under you icons you need to add the file icon.png to the demo.app folder. if you want to remove all you icons from the springboard (don't know why) move everything in displayorder.plist to the special section that file is in system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

Or just install Summerboard and rsbt. It'll take care of everything.

Reako