Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incorrect SIM please connect to iTunes to reactivate phone

Default Incorrect SIM please connect to iTunes to reactivate phone
    Please help...i went through the whole unlocking procedure...downloaded unlock.app and everything...jailbroke my phone and everything... the unlocking procedure went fine..it said your phone unlock is completed...but when i put the sim card in the phone (my t-mobile sim card) the message pops up "Incorrect SIM please connect to iTunes to reactivate phone"....i have also done the manual unlock procedure and verified everything...everything looks ok...but just when i put the sim card in the phone it says "Incorrect SIM please connect to iTunes to reactivate phone" what should i do??? is there anything else i need to do...
    when i am putting the sim card my own phone number does show up in my favorites...please help me...ths is driving me nuts... ive spent days on this and couldnt find an answer..

can you get into the phone so you see all the icons on the springboard or you back at the factory default that will only let you make an emergency call? if you are in your phone try these things this seems to be a common problem starting

If your modem firmware is at 3.14.08 goto general settings about see if the iccid and imei match your sim and the numbers on the back of the phone

Second connect by putty make sure minicom is in your /usr/bin folder run minicom -s set the port to dev/tty.baseband type in AT+CLCK"PN",2 you should get a return of CLCK +1 or +0 if its a +1 your phone is not unlocked.

also try stopping the CommCenter.plist in putty type
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

now in putty type bbupdater -v make sure you are getting a response from the baseband

if minicom fails make sure you have the file termcap in your /etc folder in the root

I had the same problem, did everything including calling AT&T and iPhone support. Then went to AT&T phone store to get a new sim, still didn't work, called iPhone support, walked me thru to restore again. Same problem. Then they help me make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar. Went there, they checked my phone for 10 mins. and gave me a brand new 8G phone

so were you able to unlock the new phone apple gave you...because i just bought the phone yesterday...were you able to unlock it? so u think its my phone and not the sim??

if you ran the mod on firmware 1.0.0 your bricked the phone make sure the iccid matches whats on the back of the phone. settings --> about will give you the iccid

I was able to unlock the new one they gave me...