Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: minicom error?

Default minicom error?
    You could also just start minicom with "minicom -s" and change serial port to "/dev/tty.baseband" manually.How i do this?

connect by putty typne in mincom -s

don't work for me
    I try too many time ,eve minicom or minicom -s

Hey ,Freshfitz,Can U show me exactly what step to correct this point man ,thank s a lot
    Last edited by ave2976; 2007-09-14 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

from root(browse all the way up till it won't let you any more)
    copy minicom to /usr/bin
    copy termcap to /etc
    in putty type chmod +x /usr/bin/minicom press enter
    in putty tyep chomd +x /etc/termcap press enter
    type minicom -s should wait awhile it should bring up a menu goto port selection type a edit it to dev/tty.baseband goto exit you should now be in the minicom app

What error is minicom displaying
    Last edited by freshfitz; 2007-09-15 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default minicom
    but where is the termcap file? I can't find it I use unlock.no web soft to unlock my iphone up to this step : bbupdater -v and fininsh that step .Now to type command minicom to putty but alway asking ;meminicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults
    minicom: cannot open /dev/modem: No such file or directory What im doing wrong?

you need to find termcap on google that is the configuration file

Default minicom
    oh?

but unlock .no nothing say about termcap .If i do it can't i mess up mu iphone ?

hi feshfitz!
    Can u show me all the step to do all this plaese?I really make the mess in my phone .thanks a lot

Hi Feshfitz ? Are u still here?
    Last edited by ave2976; 2007-09-15 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost