Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If Your Phone Doesn't Sync....

Default If Your Phone Doesn't Sync....
    Umm my phone recently stopped syncing right.. it would start syncing, thenj after like 10-15 seconds it would stop as if i unplugged the usb cable and stop charging, then charge again. I thought i just need services.plist and after i did that it still wouldnt work, i rebooted a million times too.
    I eventually got it to work by opening iphoneinterface and establishing connection, then opening itunes and sync while that is running. it copied my contacts and stuff twice but it worked. This might not be an actual solution but i thought i'd put it up anyways cause it pissed me off so bad that i couldnt get it to work. :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been having a problem syncing as well. I ran a diagnostic and saw that the ipod connection status FAILED. then looked at the more info and got this.
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Edition (Build 6000)
    Hewlett-Packard Presario C500 (RZ343UA#ABA)
    iTunes 7.4.1.2

iPodService 7.4.1.2 is currently running.
    iTunesHelper 7.4.1.2 is currently running.

Current user is an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2007-09-13 21:49:57.

Connected Storage Devices:

Disk drive, ST980811AS ATA Device, Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0

Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801GB USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA. Device is working properly.
    Intel(R) 82801GB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC. Device is working properly.

No IEEE 1394 Host Controller found.

The iPod Service Logging Information:
    [SERVICE: 0xF20,21:26:04 INFO] Started CProgram Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe (Thu Sep 13 21:26:04 2007)
    [SERVICE: 0xF20,21:26:04 INFO] ##### iPodService starting as a service, version: 7.4.1.2
    [SERVICE: 0xF48,21:26:04 INFO] Adding iTunesHelper to session 1
    [SERVICE: 0xEEC,21:26:04 INFO] Got signaled to go ahead... Starting device manager!
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:26:04 INFO] Listener Window created
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:47:55 INFO] [DevNodesChanged]
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:48:03 INFO] [DevNodesChanged]
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:48:04 INFO] [DevNodesChanged]
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:48:06 INFO] [DevNodesChanged]
    [SERVICE: 0x8F0,21:48:09 INFO] [DevNodesChanged]
    The iPod updater logging file cannot be found.

anyone got any idea?

and i have restored my iphone and it still says fail....what does it mean?

iPhoneHero.. To fix your iPhone, try this..

* Unplug the iPhone
    * Close iTunes
    * Rename c:\Users\All Users\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPodDevices.xml to iPodDevices.xml.BACKUP

Now, without doing anything else, plug your iphone in.. And see if iTunes starts up and sees it.

Let me know how this goes!!! I have been working on the exact same problem you have for the past three days... I even have an HP computer like you do; it's uncanny. Although, other people have the same error message, mostly people with iPods not iPhones.

Also, can you help me with some troubleshooting I am doing? Can you tell me exactly what files you see in c:\Users\All Users\Apple Computer\iTunes ?

Cheers,
    --Dave

http://www.the-good-guys.net
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA